General Motors declares network expansion plan for India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
General Motors India, the American auto giant, seems all prepared to expand its brand presence in the country by opening the doors of new dealerships in the country. The car maker is planning to operate a minimum of 300 showrooms and a same number of servicing units across length and breadth of the country before the end of current fiscal.
Mainly, General Motors is planning to open new units in tier II and tier III cities, in which the demand for cars in surging because of the increase in economic activities in rural and semi-urban regions. As a part of development, the company will also inaugurate new facilities in Bangalore, Hissar, Una, Nawashehar, Rohtak and Amritsar before the end of September 2012. Opening of new servicing units and showrooms in other metropolitans is also on the cards of the auto maker.
Through its new expansion strategy, the American auto giant has set a target of setting up more than 300 dealerships before the end of 2012. Presently, General Motors is operating through 279 showrooms and 272 servicing units. Expressing his views on the new development, the President and Managing Director of GM India, Lowell Paddock, quoted, “The new outlets will support our growing Chevrolet lineup across the country. This is part of GM India’s goal of expanding the accessibility of our products and becoming a volume player in the market. Like our existing state of the art facilities, our new sales points and service outlets will set benchmarks for sales, service and customer satisfaction.”
With an aim to provide its customers an outstanding service, the company has introduced several new initiatives like a centralised 24x7 call centre, which will answer to the customer queries and will also provide a detailed preview of the products and services offered by the company. Buyers all across the country can dial 3030-8080 from any phone and avail the call centre services offered by GM India.
Amidst other programmes organised by the company to strengthen its brand presence in the country, unique vehicle guarantees and warranties, Chevrolet U-First free servicing camps, breakdown helpline service and the Chevrolet Promise Cost of Ownership programme are also some of initiatives planned by the auto maker in India.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- General Motors India hopeful of market revival by October this year
- Chevrolet Enjoy to help General Motors India in regaining lost ground
- Everything you want to know about Chevrolet Enjoy
- GM India expecting 1 lakh sales on the back of Chevrolet Enjoy and Sail
- Chevrolet Enjoy launched in India at a starting price of Rs. 5.49 lakh
- General Motors positive about the success of Chevrolet Enjoy in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy joins the league of compact UVs in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy has a 1.3L Diesel and a 1.4L Petrol unit
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for Indian launch, demo models reach dealerships
- Chevrolet Enjoy may outshine Maruti Ertiga in the Indian MPV segment
- Chevrolet Enjoy to see Indian daylight on May 9, 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for its Indian launch in May 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy to compete against Ertiga in the mini MPV segment
- 8,000 Chevrolet Sail sedan booked in less than 3 months