Ford reveals EcoSport production version (Photos)
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The US based leading car maker Ford Motors has unveiled the production version of its much anticipated compact sports utility vehicle – EcoSport. In line-with the expectations, the production version of the all new EcoSport model will carry the same body which was showcased as concept version of the vehicle at the Delhi Auto expo. However, the head lamps and tail lamps of the vehicle are replaced by the conventional ones.
Ford will be showcasing his vehicle at the ongoing Beijing Motor Show, where the vehicle is expected o receive an overwhelming response from the visiting car enthusiast.
The revolutionary 1.0L EcoBoost petrol engine of the EcoSport model will be capable of delivering a peak power equivalent to the power generated by a 1.6L petrol engine. At the same time, the fuel economy of this direct-injection turbo-petrol engine will be delivering class leading fuel economy. On the other hand the diesel version of the car will come powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine, which is currently doing duties in the Ford Fiestamodel.
The Ford EcoSport model will be rolled-out in the Indian market in the price range of Rs 7-9 lakh, where it will be taking on Renault Duster.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
plz let us know the price & booking month of the said SUVApril 25, 2012 by Sandeep
Please give on road cost of 1.5L diesal top modelApril 24, 2012 by VS Yadav
MAKE THE GRILL CROME FINISH ,IT WILL LOOK GOODApril 23, 2012 by TAPAN SETHI
front grill is very bad, not a good designApril 23, 2012 by Sunny Varghese
no pics of this vehicle, also wanted to know if would be 7 seater to 5?April 23, 2012 by SrinivasaMurthy
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April