Ford India to launch Fiesta automatic on 28th Feb
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ford India, the Indian unit of the US based leading luxury car maker that is aggressively expanding its operations in the Indian market, is planning to roll-out a new automatic transmission version of its popular mid-size sedan Ford Fiesta in the country soon.
As per the unconfirmed media reports, the company plans to launch all new Ford Fiesta Automatic Transmission on 28th February. The addition of new Power shift Automatic gearbox version in the line-up of the Ford Fiesta sedan, will enable it to take on more promptly with the rivals like Volkswagen Vento, Honda City, Nissan Sunny, Skoda Rapid and Hyundai Verna.
At present, the Ford Fiesta model is available with a five speed manual transmission version only, powered by a 1.5L TiVCT petrol engine. In comparison, the new automatic transmission version will be a six speed transmission gearbox.
The new Ford Fiesta AT model will a bit lighter as compared to the manual transmission version, and would be offering a higher fuel economy as compared to the previous version of the car. All technological features that are available with the manual transmission version of the car will be available in the auto transmission version also including hill hold control, creep function, and dual clutch facility.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
It seems that car manufacturers will only learn the hard way, that diesel cars with high low speed torqueare much easier to drive, and more economical mileage-wise than petrol cars. There wont be much demand for the Petrol auto, and then they will conclude that it is not popular in India. If the Figo Diesel Auto were sold in India also, it would be a raging hit !!February 26, 2012 by R J Mehta
want to know the price of fiesta automatic.February 23, 2012 by Jose Joseph
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April