Ford India to launch EcoSport by middle of June
American auto major Ford has announced that it would launch the much-awaited compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) Ford EcoSport by the middle of June 2013. The launch would take place only after the completion of the Ford EcoSport Urban Discoveries campaign in the final week of May. Ford EcoSport Urban Discoveries would also be organising roadshows across 12 cities in India. Through this campaign, over 100 customers will be selected to drive this vehicle and share their experiences of the same. These customers will be selected by a set panel of judges, as per the statement of Ford India President and Managing Director Joginder Singh. In addition, another campaign EcoSport Urban Hub has also been opened to engage the future customers.
Commenting on the initiative, Joginder Singh said, “Consumers across these 12 cities will have an opportunity to see, touch and feel their EcoSport every weekend leading up to the launch. We have taken a step further by giving them an opportunity to drive and experience compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) out in the open and share their product experience.” For the purpose of encouraging people to register for the Urban Discoveries campaign, radio jockey Mantra has been signed on. Ford India is also expected to release a new television commercial featuring Mantra, which will be shown across new channels and General Entertainment Channels (GECs).
The new EcoSport would be available in three different engine options, which include the famed 1.0 litre EcoBoost petrol, a 1.5 litre petrol and a 1.5 litre diesel motor. While the 1.5 litre petrol and 1.5 litre diesel engines are the same as the ones powering the Ford Fiesta, the EcoBoost is a newly developed power-mill, capable of producing 120 bhp and with very low levels of CO2 emissions. In the compact SUV segment, EcoSport will compete against the Renault Duster, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio. Currently, Renault Duster is the most successful compact SUV and Ford hopes to better the same with its new product.
- Will a face-lift help Skoda revive failed Yeti SUV in India?
- Maruti Ciaz official bookings to begin from September 3, launch imminent
- New Suzuki Hayate with Cosmetic Changes set to be launched during Festive Season
- KTM RC 200 and RC 390 Prices Leaked - Tagged at Rs. 1.72 lakh and Rs. 2.4 lakh respectively
- Isuzu to Launch RU30 in 2016, Set to Compete Innova
- Harley-Davidson to introduce Freewheeler trike, below the fully-loaded Tri Glide
- BMW India plans five launches by year end
- Ferrari Sues Joel Zimmerman and his 'Purrari' 458