Ford India plans to invest Rs.750 crore in Chennai facility to launch EcoSport SUV
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ford India, one of the fastest growing car makers in the Indian auto market, is planning to invest heavily in its India operations to roll-out new products and expand its dealership network. The company has planned-up to invest Rs.750 crore in its facility near Chennai to launch new compact sports utility vehicle EcoSport, which is scheduled to be launched in the country in year 2012.
In a recent statement, the Tamil Nadu government has said that Ford India's President and Managing Director Michael Boneham, informed Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa, about the company’s decision, during his meeting with her on Friday.
The new investment in the state will create employment for as many as 400 people in the state. As per the government, the total investment of the car maker Ford India in Tamil Nadu had gone up to Rs.1,130 crore, after the Minister J. Jayalalithaa led AIADMK government came to power.
So far, the company has invested a sum of around Rs.4,500 crore in the Indian auto market to set-up its engine manufacturing and assembly plant, along with rolling-out car models like compact hatchback Figo, sedan Fiesta Classic and sports utility vehicle Endeavour. The company has also planned-up to invest Rs.4,000 crore to set-up its second manufacturing plant in Gujarat.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
does ford ecosport come in automatic transmission, what is the price.February 16, 2012 by Jacob Varghese
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Duster’s domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford India’s exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April