Ford India kicks off the promotions of its much awaited EcoSport
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Auto aficionados from all over the country are impatiently waiting for the launch of Ford’s first compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), EcoSport. However, the car maker has confirmed that the SUV will not sparkle at the Indian shores during this year and is anticipated to come during the first half of 2013. Meanwhile, the model's uncovered test mules on the home turf are on full swing and have raised a big question to the fact that it would not be introduced this year.
Recently, the Titanium variant of EcoSport was spotted in Chennai during test runs. These acts of the car maker are enticing Indian buyers and forcing them to follow the company’s updates regarding the launch of the same.
Initially the car was unveiled at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, which was held in January 2012. Besides, the American auto maker has also kick off the promotion scheme for its yet-to-be launched car and its 1 litre EcoBoost engine, which has made the launch scenario more complicated.
The company officials claim that the new 1 litre EcoBoost engine incorporated within the Ford EcoSport is specially tuned to deliver a potential of 1.6 litre gasoline powertrain. The new motor not only gives a decent output, but also comes with reduced emission levels, as a result, the engine of EcoSport would emerge as 20 percent more fuel proficient.
On the other hand, Renault is also set to roll out its compact SUV Duster in the Indian auto market on July 4, 2012. It is anticipated that both the models will efficiently square off against each other in the market. Since the French auto maker will introduce its model earlier, the former will get more space to get well-established in the market. Reportedly, it is observed that both the upcoming launches will perform as the substitute for the compact sedans, offered by their respective makers. It is being anticipated that Ford EcoSport will give tough competition to Maruti Ertiga, which is currently dominating the Multi-Utility Vehicle (MUV) segment.
In recent times, Ford has not been able to carve its penchant in the Indian buyers, although the car maker launched some of the enthralling models in the market. The American auto maker was betting high on its Fiesta Sedan, but its aggressive pricing ruined the expectations of company. Therefore, analysts believe that the company will follow stringent strategies for the launch of the car to ensure that the Fiesta story does not repeat itself.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April