Ford Focus to mark India Debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
World’s renowned car maker Ford is in a hurry to strengthen its portfolio in the Indian auto market and thus the company is gearing up to unleash its new Ford Focus in 2012 at the Indian AutoExpo. The launch of Focus sedan is a part of Ford’s strategy of unveiling 8 world class vehicles from its global portfolio in the country by 2015.
Within less than two weeks of the launch of new Ford Fiesta , the news of Focus sedan coming to India is somewhat of a surprise and a fact that was shared by a reliable Ford India executive. It is speculated that the Ford Focus will be made available in both petrol and diesel options.
However, the main concern will be the pricing of the sedan. Since the recently launched Ford Fiesta’s top end diesel variant is priced heavily, almost crossing the C+ segment mark. The upcoming Ford Focus sedan shall be locking horns with sedans like Toyota Corolla Altis, Chevrolet Cruze, Honda Civic, Renault Fluence Sedan, Skoda Laura, Volkswagen Jetta and Hyundai Fluidic Verna to name a few.
The engines expected to be fitted under Focus’s hood are 1.6 Liter turbocharged Eco-Boost petrol engine producing 160 bhp of power and 2 liter TDCI unit delivering 140 bhp of output. These engines are currently doing duties in the world market for Ford Focus and have a respected performance along with exceptional fuel economy. The power-trains are expected to be linked to six speed manual and automatic transmissions.
Recently, Ford has developed a dual, dry clutch automatic Power-shift gearbox we might also see in the new Ford Focus sedan. Also, advanced features like Active Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control and Rear View Camera could make it to the Indian Ford Focus.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic
- Work on Fordís Sanand facility on schedule, as is EcoSport launch
- Ford EcoSport unveiled in Hyderabad and Ahmedabad
- Ford and General Motors collaborate to develop advanced automatic gearboxes