Ford EcoSport to have 80 percent local content in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ford EcoSport, the upcoming highly fuel efficient Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV) in the Indian market, will be having as much as 80 percent of the local content. The crossover will be rolled-out in both petrol and diesel variants in the country, where it will be competing with the likes of Renault Duster, Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Xylo, Toyota Innova and Tata Aria. The EcoSport will be the second global SUV of the company which will be rolled-out from India.
The EcoSport, which was introduced in the Indian market at the Delhi Auto Expo 2012, will be launched in the country next year, in the expected price segment of Rs 7 to 10 lakh. With using more and more local content in the manufacturing of new EcoSport, the company will be able price this vehicle more competitively in the Indian auto market.
Speaking to the reporters, Mr. Michael Boneham, Ford India President and Managing Director said, "It will be our second Global SUV EcoSport. It will have around similar localization levels of Figo and Classic." He added that the company is still negotiating to have 80 per cent localization for EcoSport."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic
- Work on Fordís Sanand facility on schedule, as is EcoSport launch