Ford EcoSport compact SUV unveiled in India
The Indian subsidiary of the US based leading car maker Ford Motors on Wednesday unveiled its much anticipated compact Sports Utility Vehicle – Ford EcoSport – in the Indian market. Though the company hasn’t revealed the price range of this model, but it is expected to be shelved in the price segment of Rs 7 to 9 lakh, where it will be competing with the Maruti’s upcoming Ertiga SUV.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Alan Mullaly, Ford Motor Company CEO, said on the occasion, "Majority of our growth now in terms of production facility and volumes will be focused on serving the Asia Pacific customers starting with India."
Before launching the EcoSport SUV, the company has conducted intense study of the Indian market with researching considerably on customers of this segment in India. Carrying a length of less than 4 meters, the new EcoSport Sports Utility Vehicle is qualified for the lesser excise duty segment, enabling the company to price the model more competitively.
Powered by highly fuel efficient 1-litre Ecoboost petrol engine, the SUV is capable of delivering a peak power of 120 PS along with a peak torque of 170 NM. The 1.0 liter Ecoboost engine is claimed to be about 30 percent more fuel efficient as compared to the 1.6L petrol engine used in the Ford Fiesta model. In addition to this the Co2 emission is about 20 percent less. A 1.5 liter diesel version of the car will also be launched in Indian later this year.
very naic suv ......?booking amunt .send me and tiam .plzzzzzJanuary 09 , 2012 by Narender Singh
gr8 look price give below RS:15LAKH.i having 2nd hand ford ecort (D)in 1998 & in 2003 i having 2nd hand ford ikon (P). ford diesel cars given good mileage.i purchase fiesta diesel 2nd hand car but there is some sensor problem i facing. thankingJanuary 08 , 2012 by GAGANDEEP SINGH
- Ducati launches Monster Stripe variants
- 2015 Audi Q7 might launch sometime in November 2015
- Bank of Maharashtra cuts down the base rate by 25 Base points to 10%, car loans more affordable
- Sachin Tendulkar's love for driving fast cars gives 'headache' for his wife
- Volkswagen expected to launch India-specific sedan next year
- Toyota dealers emerge most satisfied in comparison to other auto companies
- Hyundai's 2016 Santa Fe snapped undisguised in Korea
- Daimler India invests Rs. 425 Crore and inaugurates new bus plant near Chennai, India