Ford all set to enthral auto aficionados with facelifted Endeavour this year
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ford, the American multinational auto maker, introduced the last revamped version of Endeavour in 2009. After almost 3 years, the company looks set to bring forth the premium Sports Utility Vehicle's (SUV) new edition in the market, most likely by August-September 2012.
In the latest update of Endeavour, the company will introduce several changes to make the car more appealing and muscular to the key demographics. It is anticipated that the new version of Endeavour will be slightly longer in dimensions and, thus, will provide more space to the passengers in the cabin. Speculation is rife that the company has also worked upon the interiors of SUV, and the new model is expected to have an all-new instrument panel and a new multiple-function steering wheel.
On the other hand, the technical configuration of Endeavour will be kept the same and, therefore, the car will feature a 2.5 litre and 3.0 litre powertrains. With both the engines, it is expected that the company will offer 4x2 and 4x4 options. Besides, experts believe that the upcoming iteration of the car will be mated to automatic and manual transmission gearboxes.
In the previous facelifted model in 2009, the car was subjected to Kinetic Design treatment and got a new grille in front, body decals and metal polished side scoop. At that time, the auto maker brought forward its powerful SUV with a 3.0 litre engine with automatic transmission.
Apart from Endeavour, Ford is also planning to launch its EcoSport, a compact SUV, in the Indian auto market by the first half of 2013. With these eagerly anticipated launches, it seems that Ford wants to play bigger role in the Utility Vehicle (UV) segment of the country and grab a decent share of the segment. Away from UV segment, the company is also planning to offer the revamped edition of its popular Figo hatchback by the end of this year.
It must be noted that the recent facelift model of Ford Fiestasedan was not able to capture the attention of buyers and hardly improved the volumes for the company. Therefore, it is expected that the company officials will keep in mind that the factors which were behind the failure of Fiesta sedan shall not script the same story with Endeavour.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April