Fire strikes Maruti Suzuki's Gurgaon-based component supplier
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Trim India Private Limited, a company located in Mohammadpur Khandsa of Gurgaon, burnt down in a major fire on June 20, 2012. This manufacturer operated as an ancillary unit to the country's leading car maker, Maruti Suzuki, and supplied it with parts.
According to a Fire Department official, fortunately, no one was hurt in the incident. The company, located on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway in Sector-37, was an ancillary unit of Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) and used to supply luggage carpets, door trims, cosmetic and other accessories to the car maker.
Fire Officer Mahender Bhardwaj stated that a total of 20 fire engines were engaged in battling the fire, which started at around 2 am and was ablaze for 6 hours. The combustible rubber and cosmetic inventory stocked at the company fuelled the fire and made it hard to douse. The Fire Department was notified by company employees after they noticed smoke coming out from the building.
Earlier, in May 2012, another car manufacturer, Mahindra & Mahindra, too had to combat fire at its Scorpio manufacturing plant located in Nashik. The shares of the leading Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) manufacturer had witnessed a dip of 1.6 per cent on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) back then.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume