Fiats New Marketing Strategy in Force
Fiat India re-entered the Indian market with its sedan Fiat Linea. So far its models like Palio had failed to make an impact and help it gain a respectable place in the Indian market. Ever since the launch of Linea, Fiat has been able to attain good numbers in the sales columns. However, the growth has not been as much as anticipated. Fiat sold only 24,806 units in 2009-10 against the industry 1.5 million units sold in the same year.
Fiat has a 50:50 joint venture with Tata Motors and currently sells its models through nearly 175 Tata dealerships across the country. So far, the partnership has not been able to build up eye-catching numbers for Fiat. Underlying current from the customer experiences at Tata dealership indicate that when they walk over to buy Fiat Punto, they are discouraged for Punto and convinced for Tata Indica to be a safer bet. "I wanted to go for the Punto, but I was discouraged. I was told that Tata brand Indica is a better bet," says a potential Fiat customer.
Meanwhile brand Fiat has been picking up nevertheless. Fiat has now appointed its dedicated staff at the dealerships to convert inquiries into sales. "Fiat has separate areas for sales and service, and we even have dedicated staff for our brands. Now we are in the process of increasing manpower at these dealerships and are focusing a lot on training them to convert inquiries into sales. We are giving it a firm push," say Fiat officials.
- Shah Rukh Khan - Bollywood's superstar buys a Rs. 10 Crore bombproof Mercedes Benz
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - One of the most anticipated vehicle for this festive season
- Hyundai Motors plan to use India as a base for car exports
- Hyundai Elite i20 Crossover spotted undergoing road tests in India
- Selling defective Tata Manza costs 7.5 Lakh penalty to dealer and company
- Car sales dip, whereas Motorbike sales rise during Dhanteras this year
- 455 Units of Fiat Punto Evo delivered to a Dimaond Merchant in Surat
- BMW India to launch M3 saloon and M4 coupe in November