Fiats New Marketing Strategy in Force
Fiat India re-entered the Indian market with its sedan Fiat Linea. So far its models like Palio had failed to make an impact and help it gain a respectable place in the Indian market. Ever since the launch of Linea, Fiat has been able to attain good numbers in the sales columns. However, the growth has not been as much as anticipated. Fiat sold only 24,806 units in 2009-10 against the industry 1.5 million units sold in the same year.
Fiat has a 50:50 joint venture with Tata Motors and currently sells its models through nearly 175 Tata dealerships across the country. So far, the partnership has not been able to build up eye-catching numbers for Fiat. Underlying current from the customer experiences at Tata dealership indicate that when they walk over to buy Fiat Punto, they are discouraged for Punto and convinced for Tata Indica to be a safer bet. "I wanted to go for the Punto, but I was discouraged. I was told that Tata brand Indica is a better bet," says a potential Fiat customer.
Meanwhile brand Fiat has been picking up nevertheless. Fiat has now appointed its dedicated staff at the dealerships to convert inquiries into sales. "Fiat has separate areas for sales and service, and we even have dedicated staff for our brands. Now we are in the process of increasing manpower at these dealerships and are focusing a lot on training them to convert inquiries into sales. We are giving it a firm push," say Fiat officials.
- Wednesday 21 July 2010, 00:00 AM by Sanyog
- Wednesday 21 July 2010, 00:00 AM by Vidyadhar
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift spied
- New Skoda SUV to be called the Kodiaq
- Mahindra launches XUV 500 Automatic in Australia
- 5-interesting upcoming cars to look out for
- Ford EcoSport claims the top spot as India's most exported car
- Honda launches BR-V in Mumbai at Rs 8.75 lakh
- 2016 Porsche Macan revealed in Malaysia
- Kvyat moved to Toro Rosso, Verstappen takes over Red Bull duties
- Next generation Audi A8 could spawn multiple body styles
- Volkswagen Ameo bookings to begin