Fiat 500X crossover revealed in Turin at a conference
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Recently, the Italian car maker, Fiat lifted the sheets off its all-new crossover model, 500X. Taking a glance at the image of the new car, it looks like a blend of Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and hatchback. This is based on the fact that it comes with a tall ride height and claddings around its body, to provide the car a rugged look. The Mini Countryman will be the direct rival of the 2013 Fiat 500X crossover in auto markets all over the world.
In the European market, the new car will cater as a substitute vehicle for Fiat Sedici. However, in the American auto market, Fiat 500X will be an all new addition to its emerging crossover segment. The soon-to-be included models in the segment are the Buick Encore, Ford EcoSport and MINI Cooper Countryman. New launch happens to be the fifth addition to the 500 range of the Italian car maker. It will share the family with regular 500 three-door hatch, 500C convertible, 500L Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV) and sporty 500 Abarth.
The 500X will be manufactured at Fiats manufacturing unit situated in Mirafiori, Turin. This factory also produces the 500L MPV. The overall length of the car will be 13.7 feet, which will be the longest in 500 series. It is expected that the Italian car maker will offer the crossover in both front wheel drive and all wheel drive chassis. In Europe, the car will be initially offered in two petrol variants, namely TwinAir and a 1.4 litre option. It will also offer a turbo diesel variant powered by a 1.3 litres MultiJet II engine. In the American market, the diesel motor will be tweaked up as a 1.4 litre MultiAir motor, which will have improved outputs.
The production procedure of 500X is speculated to begin in 2013 and will be closely followed by the Jeep's B-SUV in second quarter of 2014. In order to enhance brand presence, analysts believe that Fiat must consider bringing the new crossover to Indian market soon. Since the luxury SUV segment of India is offering great scope to the car makers, Fiat can reap decent benefits with its 500X in this market.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Fiat to organise free check up camps for existing Indian customers
- Fiat eyes 5 per cent market share through dealership expansion and new launches
- Fiat organises free vehicle check-up camps in Mumbai, Pune and Surat
- Fiat looking to make India its export hub for Chrysler
- Fiat India opens new dealership in New Delhi
- Fiat India's Facebook page gets over 2 lakh fans in a month
- Fiat India looking to relaunch the Linea T-Jet this June
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Fiat to have 100 exclusive dealerships by 2014
- Nagesh Basavanhalli to spearhead the Indian operations of Fiat and Chrysler
- Fiat India looking at 112 dealerships and a 5 per cent market share soon
- Fiat India plans to garner 1 per cent of market share by 2013 end
- Fiat planning big with upcoming Jeep models on Indian turf
- Fiat moves a step closer to standardise Indian operations with global level
- Fiat India eyeing a two-fold in its market share with new launches