Ferrari Ki Sawaari: Bollywood capitalises on the ‘Prancing Horse’ brand to lure audience to theatres
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ferrari Ki Sawaari is the recently-released family entertainer that has emotions at the right place but, most of all, gets the attention of the masses through the Ferrari brand name. As the title suggests, the film is all about a Ferrari that takes a boy on the ride of a lifetime. The supercar used in the film earlier belonged to Sachin Tendulkar, the legendary cricketer, who has sold his famed vehicle to a Surat-based businessman. The movie stars Sharman Joshi, Boman Irani and child actor Ritvik Sahore. In the film, it is shown that the Ferrari is one of the most-desired cars by the common man.
A Ferrari has always captured the imagination of the masses but is hardly seen on Indian roads. The time when Sachin was presented with a Ferrari 360 Modena by Fiat for equalling Don Bradman's record of 29 centuries, the popularity of the car soared and it became the dream car of people across the country. The brand with the ‘Prancing Horse’ logo has done fairly well in the Indian luxury auto market and has grabbed the attention of the magnitude of the audience.
Most of the people just think about a Ferrari when it comes to comforts and luxuries in a car, irrespective of the fact that Lamborghini and Aston Martin perform equally well. Even in the film, one of the main characters demanded that he would only travel in Ferrari to his wedding. This shows that how the masses are enchanted by the brand name itself and deem it to be the epitome of sportiness and luxury when it comes to cars. Some even believe that the status of Ferrari, in India, exceeds even that of the Rolls Royce in terms of popularity. Thus, it comes as no surprise that the director of Ferrari Ki Sawaari chose the already well-known Ferrari 360 Modena as the car to drive the audience to the theatres.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Partha Ghorpade to test Formula F3 car at Ferrari Driver Academy
- Battle of Gods: Lamborghini Veneno, Ferrari LaFerrari and McLaren P1
- Hyper-hybrid LaFerrari dominates '13 Geneva Motor Show
- Ferrari voted as world’s most powerful brand among 500 others
- Ferrari looks at the future to develop eco-friendly vehicles without compromising performance
- Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo aspires to remain in charge even after joining politics
- Sports cars fuelling the passion for speed among the rich young Indians
- Cristiano Ronaldo's wreckage of Ferrari 599 might be world's most expensive junk at £ 40,000
- Elite owners refrain from washing their cars
- Di Resta and Hulkenberg deliver Sahara Force India's best performance this season
- Ferrari Ki Sawaari: Bollywood capitalises on the ‘Prancing Horse’ brand to lure audience to theatres
- 1962 make Ferrari 250 GTO titled as costliest car after a $35 million sale
- Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati stopped their business in Italy following a major earthquake
- Clapton spends 3 million pounds to own Ferrari’s special edition sports car
- Ferrari unveils new hybrid V12 engine