Facelifted Mahindra Verito caught on lens in Chennai once again
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
French car maker Renault made an entry in the Indian car market, with the launch of a C-segment sedan, Logan. The company formed a strategic allegiance with domestic automotive giant Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) and this offering from the partnership did average business before the partners decided to severe their ties. As the French company started afresh in the country with several new products, Mahindra acquired Logan and rechristened it as the Verito.
However, over the past few years, the car has been unable to generate decent sales figures for the company due to the lack of upgrades. It was rejected by domestic customers even though it was perfectly tailored for Indian terrains. Mahindra is now bent upon reviving the sedan after acquiring the rights to the vehicle. The car maker did introduce several updates before relaunching it as Verito and now it is looking to overhaul the outdated car to a greater extent.
A test mule of the car was spotted recently sporting a temporary license plate and heavy camouflage on the front and rear of the body in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Taking a look at these spy shots, it can be figured out that the new Verito will come with a new bumper, a Xylo inspired grille, redesigned headlights and fog-lamps. The car will also receive cosmetic updates to its boot lid. Its B-pillars have been painted black and the Outside Rear View Mirrors (ORVMs) have received all-new casings.
However, the company is expected to retain the 1.5 litre dCI powertrain unit churning the same 65 bhp of power and 160 Nm of torque as the existing model. Whether the company has carried out any changes to the interiors is still unknown. However, these differences in the model would not be very obvious to the general public unless the power and torque are tweaked and the model is made a little cheaper. It is anticipated that the new edition of the model will hit the roads by Diwali, when the hatchback version of the Verito is also expected to be launched.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Wow, incredible blog laoyut! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is fantastic, as well as the content!. Thanks For Your article about New Mahindra Logan to VERITO Review .August 05, 2012 by Kerwin
- Mahindra Verito Vibe to begin new chapter for the utility vehicle maker in India
- Mahindra to launch new Verito Vibe hatch on June 5
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mahindra XUV500 to get a new base variant soon in India
- Electric technology in e20 to help Mahindra build larger electric vehicle
- Mahindra to modify its SUVs to avoid additional 3 per cent excise duty
- Mahindra Xylo H-series launched at Rs. 8.23 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- New models of Mahindra Pantero launched in India, base starts from Rs. 39,650
- Mahindra confident about growth in its pick-up business during 2014 fiscal
- Mahindra replaces Bajaj Auto as India’s second most valuable auto maker
- Mahindra Bolero Maxi Truck Plus pick-up launched at Rs. 4.33 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Mahindra mulling at reducing ground clearance on SUVs in India
- Hunger strike enters fifth day at Mahindra’s Nashik plant