Eicher sales mark major growth rate of 9% in June 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
In recent times, the Commercial vehicles industry has observed an overall slowdown, however, Eicher, a leading brand of the Indian automobile industry, seems unaffected. Eicher has sold 4064 trucks and buses in the month of June and this month's sales exceed its June 2011 sales by a significant margin of 9.2%. The company sold 23,412 units till June in 2011 whereas its YTD 2012 sales are 26,059, showing an increase of 11.3% till now. All products have contributed to this growth but the steep hike in the sales of buses is the main augmenting factor. 1114 units of buses have been sold and the numbers show a growth of 23.8% in comparison to June 2011 whereas LMD (5-14T) trucks have also recorded an increase of 4.8% from the same time last year. Another surprising growth is in export as Eicher has recorded a enormous increase of 177.6% in exports.
The first quarter of 2012 has been excellent for Eicher Motors Limited. In comparison to June 2011, a hike of 4.2% has been recorded in June 2012 sales of Eicher trucks and buses in the domestic Commercial Vehicle Market. The June 2012 sales stand at 3767 units in comparison to 3616 units last June. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 24685 units crossing YTD 2011 sales of 21917 units marking a growth of 12.6%. . Eicher, in the domestic Bus segment has shown a growth of 16.6% in June 2012. The June 2012 sales with 1049 units have crossed the June 2011 mark of 900 units. The YTD 2012 sales of domestic Bus segment has marked a growth of 42% as YTD 2011 sales is only 3398 units in comparison to 4826 units of YTD 2012 sales. The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have crossed last year June sales of 493 units with 523 units this June, in the domestic market, attaining a growth of 6.1%. YTD Eicher HD sales recored a growth of 26% by selling 4197 units as against 3331 units of 2011. In exports, Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a steep increase of 190 units as compared to June 2011 mark of 107 units. A growth of 177.6% in exports is a major factor in the brand's stronghold over the Commercial Vehicle Market.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- Launch of new Land Rover Defender postponed till 2015
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Datsun to launch 5 new models in India, first will be a hatchback
- Mahindra Verito Vibe to begin new chapter for the utility vehicle maker in India
- Bajaj Auto eying the launch of new models in Discover and Pulsar series
- LPG and CNG kits to soon come with warranty
- Sahil International signs up Hrithik Roshan as the new face of Ground Zero
- Exploding car bombs in Makhachkala killed 3 and wounded over 20
- Several Shia and Sunni Muslims killed during car bombings in Iraq
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Harley Davidson India introduces 24x7 Road Assistance Program
- Shrinking fuel price differential boosts demand for petrol vehicles in India