EcoSport, the Compact SUV of Ford Carries Innovative Technologies
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ford EcoSport, the new offering from the company is not only compact but also loaded with advanced features. Apart from superb driving experience, this vehicle provides safety, convenience and on-board connectivity, which are not usually found in this segment.
The EcoSport to be launched in India will feature SYNC driver connect system with voice control, which has won accolades. It will be the first Ford vehicle in India to have this feature. At present, there are 4 million vehicles running successfully with the SYNC technology.
According to Ford, 9 million more vehicles will feature SYNC globally by 2015. Hands-free, voice-activated future trend has been set by SYNC. This system will help the drivers keep their eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel while making calls using voice commands or selecting their favourite music tracks. The digital audio system of EcoSport features iPod connectivity, a CD/MP3 player, USB and auxiliary slots Bluetooth connection, and a 3.5-inch LCD screen.
In Beijing, the EcoSport which is on display is loaded with many advanced features such as remote control locks, power side mirrors, electric power assisted steering and power windows. Apart from these, the car also features smart keyless entry, passive anti-theft system, ford power start, and rear parking sensors.
Along with advanced climate control system, the all-new EcoSport has air-conditioning with pollen filter as standard feature. This compact SUV from Ford has cooled bin inside the glovebox for cooling up to six 350ml cans. This is possible when the AC of the car is activated. Below the passenger seat, a storage drawer is also provided.
One of the main highlights of this new car is energy efficiency. Ford while designing the EcoSport aimed to make it fuel efficient and hence provided 1.0-litre, three-cylinder EcoBoost engine. Six-speed PowerShift dual-clutch automatic transmission further boosts the fuel efficiency of the vehicle. With the help of conventional automatic transmission, the six-speed transmission combines driving dynamics and efficiency of a manual gear box.
EcoSport also features a robust design. Due to the usage of high-strength steel and new design, weight is lowered and mileage is enhanced. As far safety is concerned, this vehicle fulfils all market standards. For weight reduction, the body of the vehicle has been developed using advanced software and design tool. Programmed energy impact absorption zones are also combined along with rigid protection cage for maximum safety of the occupants.
EcoSport’s body with high torsional rigidness and chassis’ stability is 20 percent better than its earlier models in South America. Other safety arrangements are dual front airbags for both driver and passenger. In order to protect the rear passengers against rollover-type accidents, the company has made optional arrangements for side curtain airbags. Pelvic protection is provided by the pelvis bolster. Thoracic and abdominal protection against side impact accidents is provided by energy-absorbing side door trim.
Some other advanced active safety technologies of the EcoSport includes Electronic Stability Program, Anti-Lock Brake System, and Hill Launch Assist.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic
- Work on Fordís Sanand facility on schedule, as is EcoSport launch
- Ford EcoSport unveiled in Hyderabad and Ahmedabad
- Ford and General Motors collaborate to develop advanced automatic gearboxes