Corporate think-tank Ratan Tata resigns from the Board of Directors of Fiat SpA
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ratan Tata, a pioneer Indian entrepreneur and philanthropist, resigned from the board of the Italian auto giant, Fiat SpA. Ratan Naval Tata, popularly known as Ratan Tata, is presently serving as the Chairman of Tata Group, which is one of the largest MNCs of India.
He served Fiat SpA for around six years as one of the three independent directors of the company. Tata joined Fiat SpA on the proposal of Agnelli family, who then had the control over IFIL, a company owning a stake of 30 per cent in Fiat SpA. Ratan Tata is the only Indian who served in the Board of Fiat.
“Ratan N Tata was on the Board of Fiat SpA, at their invitation in his personal capacity. He stepped down from their Board in April this year to reduce his engagements,” as stated by a Tata Spokesperson's e-mail reply.
Apart from the aforementioned two companies, Ratan Tata has associations with many different organisations globally. He is connected as a Chairman with the Government of India’s Investment Commission and is also serving as a member of Prime Minister’s Council on Trade and Industry. Tata is also contributing to organisations like National Hydrogen Energy Board and the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council.
Ratan Tata has been conferred with various honours throughout the world for his contribution to the innovative technologies and social ventures. In the year 2000, he was honoured with Padma Bhushan and then Padma Vibhushan in 2008 by the Government of India. Ohio State University has conferred an honorary Doctorate in Business Administration while University of Warwick has bestowed on him an honorary Doctorate Degree in Science.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Suzuki India planning for the launch of Suzuki Inzuma
- BMW 2 Series to sit below the 3 Series globally
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles