Chevrolet to unveil its much anticipated Trax at 2012 Paris Motor Show
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The division of General Motors, Chevrolet has announced the unveiling of its latest compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), Chevrolet Trax at the upcoming Paris Motor Show, which will remain operational from September 29 to October 14, 2012. The much enticing compact SUV segment has developed considerable interest among all the major auto makers and the latest addition in the same is expected to come from Chevrolet. Chevrolet Trax has generated significant buzz in the auto industry and is expected to take head on Renault Duster and yet-to-be launched Ford EcoSport. General Motors India aspires to cash on the immense public interest in this segment.
Considering the dimensions of Chevrolet Trax, it is believed that the model will have a length of 4.2 meter and width of 1.77 meter with a long wheelbase of 2.55 meter. Studying the dimensions, it seems that the new car from Chevrolet will be counted among smallest SUVs of the market and thus, Chevy Trax truly justifies the statement ‘compact SUV’. Reportedly, the car will have ample space to comfortable seat five adults. Besides its 358 litre massive boot, the model will also have plenty of storage space all across its interiors.
The Trax is believed to come with an option of two petrol engines and a diesel powertrain. Considering the petrol engines, first one being the 1.4 litre turbo motor, which will have the potential to churn out 140 bhp of maximum power and 200 Nm of peak torque, whereas the other one being a 1.6 litre powertrain.
On the other hand, the diesel model will feature a 1.7 litre turbo engine, which will be capable of generating a highest power of 130 bhp and a maximum torque of 300 Nm. It is speculated that the petrol engines of Trax will be assimilated with manual transmission systems, whereas the diesel engine will come mated with an exclusive six speed automatic gearbox.
The 1.4 litre petrol will run on a four-wheel drive chassis, while the 1.7 litre diesel and 1.6 litre petrol versions will be available in front wheel drive guise. Analysts believe that the high-end models will sport a variety of security enhancements like six airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Hill Start Assist (HSA) and traction control. Besides, safety features like Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Trailer Stability Assist (TSA) and Hill Descent Control (HDC) are also believed to be a part of upcoming Trax.
Chevrolet is deft at securing desired market position for its upcoming model and with its new model the company is aiming to provide the customers a comfortable car, coupled with suave sedan like driving experience and dominant stance of SUV. With its appealing nature, Chevy Trax is anticipated to be a huge hit especially with the customers in metro cities, wherein a compact SUV is much desired and adored.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- General Motors India hopeful of market revival by October this year
- Chevrolet Enjoy to help General Motors India in regaining lost ground
- Everything you want to know about Chevrolet Enjoy
- GM India expecting 1 lakh sales on the back of Chevrolet Enjoy and Sail
- Chevrolet Enjoy launched in India at a starting price of Rs. 5.49 lakh
- General Motors positive about the success of Chevrolet Enjoy in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy joins the league of compact UVs in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy has a 1.3L Diesel and a 1.4L Petrol unit
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for Indian launch, demo models reach dealerships
- Chevrolet Enjoy may outshine Maruti Ertiga in the Indian MPV segment
- Chevrolet Enjoy to see Indian daylight on May 9, 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for its Indian launch in May 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy to compete against Ertiga in the mini MPV segment
- 8,000 Chevrolet Sail sedan booked in less than 3 months