Chevrolet to launch its facelifted Cruze sedan with 2.0 L Z-Series engine in India by June end
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
According to a recent report, American car maker Chevrolet may launch the new edition of the Cruze executive sedan in the last week of June 2012 in India. The fact that General Motors India will launch the facelifted Cruze with an enhanced diesel powertrain has been common knowledge for a long time. The company may offer the new car with enhanced exteriors and interiors and a powerful 2.0 litre Z-Series engine. The new iteration of the model will also feature a new grille and bumper on the front while on the rear end, the car will get new taillamps.
Among the new features of the facelifted Cruze, the biggest update is the integration of the all-new Z-Series 2.0 litre turbo diesel unit. In the D-segment, the existing variant of Cruze already offers best-in-class power and torque figures. The new powertrain update will only add to its power and speed, which will make it more appealing for the key demographics.
The new Z-Series unit comes with a square bore-stroke layout, unlike the long stroke design of VCDi engine. This will make the sedan easier to handle at high speed and ensure smoother drive. In the new layout, the bore and stroke measure 86 mm each unlike the old powertrain, where they stood at 83 mm and 92 mm respectively. Another drawback in the older unit was the turbo-lag, which has been taken care of in the new unit. The new powertrain offers a lower compression ratio of 16.5:1 compared to the previous ratio of 17.5:1. It also comes with an enhanced 2.2 BAR turbo-boost against the 2.0 BAR of the older model.
Power and torque outputs of the model have been raised by 16 bhp and 53 Nm as well and now the model will touch 164 bhp of power and 380 Nm of torque with ease. However, the transmission unit has been retained from the older model, thus the facelifted car will have the same 6 speed manual and automatic transmission options. There will be a timing chain in place of the timing belt in the new powertrain, which will ensure a maintenance free life.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
i want to purchess this car. please send me details of this car .i m so much impressed with the specifications mentioned. after booking when shall i get the car.June 23, 2012 by Shashikant
Waiting for Diesel Cruze to hit the States...please get here soon!! ~anxious in PAJune 21, 2012 by Karen
- General Motors India hopeful of market revival by October this year
- Chevrolet Enjoy to help General Motors India in regaining lost ground
- Everything you want to know about Chevrolet Enjoy
- GM India expecting 1 lakh sales on the back of Chevrolet Enjoy and Sail
- Chevrolet Enjoy launched in India at a starting price of Rs. 5.49 lakh
- General Motors positive about the success of Chevrolet Enjoy in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy joins the league of compact UVs in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy has a 1.3L Diesel and a 1.4L Petrol unit
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for Indian launch, demo models reach dealerships
- Chevrolet Enjoy may outshine Maruti Ertiga in the Indian MPV segment
- Chevrolet Enjoy to see Indian daylight on May 9, 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for its Indian launch in May 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy to compete against Ertiga in the mini MPV segment
- 8,000 Chevrolet Sail sedan booked in less than 3 months
- Chevrolet Enjoy to be launched during May 2013 in India