Chevrolet Sonic launched in Mexico and North America
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Chevrolet Sonic, the much anticipated new generation model of the American Aveo hatchback, has been launched in the markets of North America and Mexico. The car resembles the Indian Chevrolet Beat strongly though there are subtle differences. As of now, there is no update on what the Sonic's launch will mean for India.
Speaking on the occasion, Chris Perry, Vice President (Marketing), Chevrolet US, said, “The Sonic represents a new beginning for Chevrolet in the small car segment and so we felt it was time to give it a new name. The new car is roomy, stylish and fun to drive, and Sonic is a youthful, energetic name that helps convey what this vehicle is about.”
Although the company hasn’t yet disclosed the engine and specification details of this car, it has been widely speculated that new Chevrolet Sonic will carry a range of engine options that comprises of a 1.2L petrol engine that delivers peak power of 86 hp and 70 hp , a 1.4L petrol engine with top power of 100 hp and a 1.6L petrol engine that can generate a maximum power of 115 hp. Moreover in diesel version, the car is expected to carry a 1.3L diesel engine that can deliver 75 hp and 95 hp.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
any planning to launch in india as awaited diesel version and coast of sonic inUsDecember 31, 2010 by Chandra
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- General Motors India hopeful of market revival by October this year
- Chevrolet Enjoy to help General Motors India in regaining lost ground
- Everything you want to know about Chevrolet Enjoy
- GM India expecting 1 lakh sales on the back of Chevrolet Enjoy and Sail
- Chevrolet Enjoy launched in India at a starting price of Rs. 5.49 lakh
- General Motors positive about the success of Chevrolet Enjoy in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy joins the league of compact UVs in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy has a 1.3L Diesel and a 1.4L Petrol unit
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for Indian launch, demo models reach dealerships
- Chevrolet Enjoy may outshine Maruti Ertiga in the Indian MPV segment
- Chevrolet Enjoy to see Indian daylight on May 9, 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for its Indian launch in May 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy to compete against Ertiga in the mini MPV segment
- 8,000 Chevrolet Sail sedan booked in less than 3 months