Chevrolet Enjoy to compete against Ertiga in the mini MPV segment
The yet-to-be launched Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV) from Chevrolet, called as the Enjoy is expected to be launched in May 2013. Originally this MPV was called as Wuling Hongguang in China and now it would be released in India as jointly developed model by General Motors India and Shanghai Industry Automotive Corporation (SAIC). The Chevy Enjoy would directly take on competition from the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, which is the leader of the MPV segment of Indian auto market. General Motors is expected to introduce its Enjoy MPV with price tags falling on the same price band as Ertiga.
The Chevrolet Enjoy would be a 7 to 8 seater model and was last showcased at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo. Interiors of this MPV have sufficient legroom and headroom, much like the Ertiga. In terms of engine, the Enjoy gets a 1.4 litre petrol engine that generates an impressive 103 bhp of power, while it also comes with a 1.3 litre diesel engine with 76 bhp of power. In comparison to this, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga gets a 1.4 litre K-Series petrol engine that develops 94 bhp of peak power and a 1.3 litre DDiS engine rated with 89 bhp of power.
Six variants of the Enjoy are expected to be available for the Indian customers, which would include three petrol and three diesel ones. The names of these variants would be LS, LT and LZ. Even Ertiga has six variants, which are LXi, VXi, ZXi, LDi, VDi and ZDi. There is nothing much to choose between the pricing of the two vehicles, since the Ertiga is available between Rs. 6 lakh to Rs. 8.7 lakh, in comparison to which Chevrolet Enjoy would be priced between Rs. 6 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh.
In sum total, exteriors, interiors and fuel efficiencies of the above mentioned vehicle are at par with each other. Maruti Ertiga has been popular ever since its launch and it remains to be seen how much of an impression will be created by American brand Chevrolet. In the current scenario, Chevrolet offers a warranty of 3 years or more, which will also be a deciding factor in determining the Enjoy's sales.
- Honda announces investment of Rs. 380 Crores for Tapakura plant expansion, to be utilized for new Jazz product
- New-gen Toyota Fortuner - How different will it be?
- Ford Ecosport facelift on cards, likely to be launched in 2016
- Tata Motors launches the Prima Range trucks in Bangladesh
- 2016 Toyota Fortuner likely to be launched on 28th July
- Mahindra Scorpio Vs Tata Safari Storme - Power packed performers in SUV segment
- Hyundai Xcent - A sneak peek into its variants
- 2015 Volkswagen Vento facelift claimed to be 7.5% more fuel-efficient