Chevrolet Enjoy to be launched during May 2013 in India
General Motors India, a fully owned subsidiary of General Motors, has plans of launching a new Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV) known as the Enjoy, in the month of May 2013. The company is confident that the Chevrolet Enjoy will do well in the Indian market, since it has special features such as great amount of space, styling and design. The vehicle, which will be launched in both petrol and diesel variants, is currently undergoing trials at the Halol plant of General Motors India.
The petrol version of the Enjoy would be powered by a 1.4 litre motor, while the diesel variant would have the 1.3 litre Multijet diesel engine from Fiat. While the petrol version would produce 103 bhp of power, the diesel variant is expected to generate a maximum power output of 76 bhp.
From the inside, the Chevy Enjoy gets dual tone interiors, with black and beige colours. Standard front and rear air conditioning is available on all variants. Tilt steering, power adjustable rear mirrors, rear wiper and washer and keyless entry are some of the other features available in this MPV.
Enjoy is already known as Wuling Hongguang in the Chinese market, as it was originally made by the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC). This vehicle is also sold as Chevrolet CN100 in many export markets of the world. The low cost MPV is expected to be priced between Rs. 6 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh in India.
Low cost underpinnings have been used on the Enjoy, which has helped the company to price this vehicle competitively. Similar strategies have also been followed with the Chevrolet Sail U-VA and Chevrolet Sail sedan. In terms of length and interior space, the Enjoy has more of both as compared to segment leader Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. On the price front, this vehicle will definitely be less expensive than MPVs such as Mahindra Xylo and Toyota Innova.
Other MPV models to be launched in the year 2013 include the Ashok Leyland Stile, which is a re-badged version of the Evalia. This vehicle will have a lower pricing as compared to the Evalia and is expected to be sold through the commercial vehicle dealerships of Ashok Leyland.
- Chevrolet India to Launch Three New Cars in Next 18 Months
- Tata Motors shares reports 2% growth in domestic sales and 9% growth in global car sales in March
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R likely to receive idling-stop technology
- A new twist - Salman Khan s lawyer claims that Police crane is to be blamed for car falling on victims
- Bajaj Pulsar 150NS launch expected in May
- Yamaha reveals its plans to inaugurate its new plant in Chennai
- Yamaha plans on achieving 12 Lakh annual sales by 2017
- Renault to launch Lodgy's 'Stepway' variant in India