Chetan Bhagat unveils 2nd anniversary edition of Mercedes-Benz lifestyle magazine
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Mercedes-Benz recently launched the 2nd anniversary edition of its lifestyle magazine, Mercedes-Benz Magazine, in India . This special edition of the magazine was unveiled by writer Chetan Bhagat who is also the Chief Editor of the magazine. In addition, the event was also graced by the presence of Bollywood film actor Malaika Arora Khan, writer/columnist Shobha De and Debashis Mitra, Director, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India.
Meanwhile, reports suggest that Mercedes-Benz, which once used to be the anonymous choice of the Indian upper class, has slipped to the third position in the list of luxury car makers in India with BMW and Audi topping the charts. It is expected that Mercedes-Benz Magazine will make its way to different households of India and will attract potential buyers towards the brand.
Mercedes-Benz Magazine will not only cover stories about cars and racing, but also lifestyle topics such as fashion, glamour, films, music, technology, food, etc. The readers will get to know about different events taking place across the globe. Of course, the bent will be slightly towards the automotive sector driven by the brand's influence.
The spotlight of this edition is on an interview with the seven-time Formula One racing champion, Michael Schumacher, as well as his Mercedes AMG Petronas teammate Nico Rosberg. The magazine has been guest edited by Chetan Bhagat, apparently to strike a chord with the younger population of the nation. The author is a favourite among youngsters with bestselling novels like Five Point Someone and One Night at the Call Center to his name.
About the magazine, Chetan Bhagat says, “Trendy, young and appealing — the classic values of the Mercedes-Benz brand also find their way into the Mercedes-Benz Magazine! It is a statement of a modern global lifestyle and as the guest editor, I take pride in the fact that the magazine will delight readers with its blend of content from near and far. It goes beyond cars and extends into the lives and passions of people — most of whom are renowned names because the brand enjoys a distinct patronage. I have ensured that the magazine is racy, engaging and sexy. It is a highly recommended read whether you are at home or jet-setting across the globe.”
The Mercedes-Benz Magazine enjoys the feat of being the only lifestyle and luxury magazine published by an auto maker in India. Worldwide, there are a few magazines published by automobile brands, like the Lexus magazine. These magazines, however, mainly cater to driving and racing enthusiasts and do not indulge in the lifestyle section.
It is difficult to say whether the magazine will help Mercedes' cause in ascending to the top of the line-up of luxury car makers in India. As a mere lifestyle magazine, however, Mercedes-Benz has managed to grab eyeballs with the association of guest editor Chetan Bhagat, noted columnist Shobha De and popular actress Malaika Arora Khan.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India
- Mercedes-Benz ties up with MTV India for the new A-Class Pulsate campaign
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class unveiled before May 30 Indian launch
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 5 new cars in India
- A German surprise: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Indian launch on May 30