Chairman of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Osamu Suzuki, to visit India in July
Osamu Suzuki, the Chairman of Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), will be arriving in India on the 25th of July. This is going to be his third visit to the country in the year 2013. He will be attending the board meeting of Maruti Suzuki, the Indian subsidiary of Suzuki Motor. In addition, Osamu Suzuki will also take stock of the company's operations in India.
SMC, the Japanese automobile manufacturer, is the majority owner of Maruti Suzuki. The Indian arm is slated to unveil a number of small cars in the coming months as well as at the next year’s Auto Expo to be held in the month of February. This is being done with an intention to maintain the company’s current 40 per cent market share in India.
Osamu Suzuki has been visiting India quite frequently with the scaling up of operations. According to sources, the Chairman is expected to take stock of investments and new plants being put up in Manesar and Gujarat. However, the Chairman's July visit is going to be confined to New Delhi only, as per a source.
Additionally, a company source revealed that with Suzuki Motor Corporation focusing more on compact cars and hatchbacks instead of big sedans and SUVs, Maruti Suzuki is expected to perform a significant role in Chairman’s new strategy. Presently, Maruti Suzuki accounts for 37 per cent of the global output, which is around 10.61 lakh units more than the number manufactured by parent SMC in Japan. During his earlier visit, the Chairman discussed plans with top Indian executives regarding the rolling out 10 new cars from India. These new cars would range from hatchbacks to compact utility vehicles to light commercial vehicles, till the fiscal year 2017-18.
- Mahindra Reva launches premium variant of e2o priced at Rs 5.72 lakh
- Tata Nano launched in Bangladesh at Tk 8 lakhs
- Honda crosses 1 Lakh diesel engine car sales in India
- Maruti Celerio diesel undergoes final testing, launch expected in three months
- Porsche India rolls out Cayenne Diesel Platinum Edition priced at Rs 86.5 lakh
- Yamaha Ray Vs Newly Launched TVS Scooty Zest - A Comparative Study
- Royal Enfield Tour of Tibet 2014 Gets Underway from September 7
- Pulsar 135LS set to go off the Market in the Near Future