Chairman of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Osamu Suzuki, to visit India in July
Osamu Suzuki, the Chairman of Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), will be arriving in India on the 25th of July. This is going to be his third visit to the country in the year 2013. He will be attending the board meeting of Maruti Suzuki, the Indian subsidiary of Suzuki Motor. In addition, Osamu Suzuki will also take stock of the company's operations in India.
SMC, the Japanese automobile manufacturer, is the majority owner of Maruti Suzuki. The Indian arm is slated to unveil a number of small cars in the coming months as well as at the next year’s Auto Expo to be held in the month of February. This is being done with an intention to maintain the company’s current 40 per cent market share in India.
Osamu Suzuki has been visiting India quite frequently with the scaling up of operations. According to sources, the Chairman is expected to take stock of investments and new plants being put up in Manesar and Gujarat. However, the Chairman's July visit is going to be confined to New Delhi only, as per a source.
Additionally, a company source revealed that with Suzuki Motor Corporation focusing more on compact cars and hatchbacks instead of big sedans and SUVs, Maruti Suzuki is expected to perform a significant role in Chairman’s new strategy. Presently, Maruti Suzuki accounts for 37 per cent of the global output, which is around 10.61 lakh units more than the number manufactured by parent SMC in Japan. During his earlier visit, the Chairman discussed plans with top Indian executives regarding the rolling out 10 new cars from India. These new cars would range from hatchbacks to compact utility vehicles to light commercial vehicles, till the fiscal year 2017-18.
- Official: Maruti Alto K10 facelift launching on November 3
- Yamaha SZ-RR 2.0 offers a good deal in 150cc segment, priced around Rs. 65,300
- Son of MLA arrested in Andhra Pradesh in connection with a student's death during car racing
- Hyundai Elantra marks its popularity in global markets with 10 Million sales achievement
- BMW achieves a new milestone on crossing 40,000 units production mark from its Chennai Plant
- Karizma ZMR Vs Karizma R - A Competitive Comparison
- Honda Two-Wheeler gets its 800th Dealer
- Hero Splendor makes it back to 'Top-Selling Bike in India'