BMW rope its 3 Series in the premium sedan segment, are segment leaders ready for the challenge
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Germany-based luxury auto maker, BMW has finally introduced its much awaited 3 Series sedan in the Indian auto market on July 27, 2012. The launch ceremony of the car was scheduled in Mumbai, wherein the god of cricket, Sachin Tendulkar was also present. The sixth generation 2012 edition of BMW 3 series has been launched in five different variants, comprising four diesels and remaining petrol.
The main features of BMW 3 Series, which makes it stand apart from other players of the segment, include its low weight and fuel efficient engine. Adding to the list of positive points, the 'Eco Pro' system of new 3 Series helps the driver to adjust powertrain configuration and air conditioning system, which helps the vehicle to become even more fuel efficient, without compromising in the terms of performance. With this special feature, the car transforms into 20 per cent more fuel efficient, as tested under normal driving conditions.
In the premium sedan segment of the Indian auto industry, the 2012 edition of 3 Series sedan will square off against Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, who are currently dominating the segment. The new model of BMW 3 Series has a handful of unique features, which are hardly seen in any of these same segment cars.
The new model boasts of several other advancements, which are itself unique in this segment. Features like iDrive are featured within the new model, including an on-board Driver Information System with a 6.5 inch high-resolution display and BMW Radio Professional. All the mentioned credentials are offered as a part of standard accessory in all the five variants of newly launched BMW 3 Series.
A new model in the premium sedan segment by BMW indicates that the company is all set to take the Indian market at its prime focus, considering the success enjoyed by its previous models. BMW India is one of the leading players and with few other decent launches like the new 3 Series, will surely help it to regain its dominating position that it lost to Audi.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Volvo V40 to take on BMW X1, Promises to be 'Value for Money' rather than 'Money for Value'
- BMW India brings a mobile showroom to Kerala, has big expansion plans
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series
- Dr. Schlipf is the new MD & CEO of BMW Financial Services India
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- BMW 1 Series set for Indian launch, along with Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- New BMW 7 Series launched in India at Rs. 92.9 lakh
- BMW India to launch its 7 Series facelift today
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- BMW’s subsidiary Mini starts local assembly in India
- BMW 7 Series facelift to be launched in India on April 25
- BMW Motorrad joins hands with TVS for strengthening its Indian presence
- BMW reveals first impressions of the X4 Concept