BMW Motorrad deliberates with TVS Motors for its full fledged entry in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
BMW Motorrad, the motorcycle brand of the German auto giant BMW is gearing up to foray into the versatile Indian auto market, which is one of the world’s largest markets for bikes and motorcycles. Though the brand has marked its presence in the country with its premium motorcycle sourced through its trusted intermediate importers, but is aiming to dive into the market to capture a greater chunk in the Indian market.
Being a late entrant into the country’s motorcycle market, the established international rivals such as Harley-Davidson, KTM, Ducati, Triumph and MV Agusta along with a slew of Japanese bike makers will render a tough competition to BMW Motorrad.
In a bid to make a grand and penetrating launch in India, the company is planning to hook up with the India based TVS Motors, which has been catering to the motorcycle requirements for all segments in the country. While BMW motorcycles have been positioned to possess high quality, class leading and reliable technology backed up by enormously unmatched performance attributes, TVS Motors claims that its reputation has been built up with its stringent production ethics and R & D team beaming with high calibre making successful launches such as TVS Scooty, Star and elegantly sturdy bike, Apache in the Indian auto market.
Mr. Cecil Dewars, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, TVS Motors confirmed that at present, the company is conducting a series of deliberations with BMW Motorrad for finalising the latter’s entry under this JV.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- BMW M5 officially showcased; likely to mark presence in 2013
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Volvo V40 to take on BMW X1, Promises to be 'Value for Money' rather than 'Money for Value'
- BMW India brings a mobile showroom to Kerala, has big expansion plans
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series
- Dr. Schlipf is the new MD & CEO of BMW Financial Services India
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- BMW 1 Series set for Indian launch, along with Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- New BMW 7 Series launched in India at Rs. 92.9 lakh
- BMW India to launch its 7 Series facelift today
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- BMW’s subsidiary Mini starts local assembly in India
- BMW 7 Series facelift to be launched in India on April 25