BMW kicks off 'Made in India, made for India' campaign for it's recently launched 3 Series
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
BMW, the German-based auto giant, finally introduced its much-hyped 3 Series in the Indian auto market on July 27, 2012. The sixth generation model was introduced in Mumbai with a communication campaign 'reveal', which was build on the idea ‘Superior by Evolution'. The new initiative of the company is being promoted via lots of media hype, including promotions on television. New campaign of BMW is exclusively designed in India by Liquid Campaign, keeping in mind the preferences of Indian audiences.
Being promoted as the ‘Ultimate 3', the first model of BMW 3 series was introduced in 1975, around 37 years ago. When asked about the details of this campaign, Executive Creative Director of Liquid Campaign India, Kay Koester quoted, "I would say 'Yes'. BMW started in India five years ago, and we've been doing a lot of Indianised, localised campaigns. But this is more or less the first one to introduce the car in a very different way than what has been done internationally."
Adding to the statement of Koester, the Director Marketing of BMW India, Christian Saffer commented that most of the times, the future strategy of the company is delegated from the company headquarters. However in few circumstances, the Indian representatives prefer few alterations. For instance, he said that in Europe individuals do not hire driver for their 3 Series.
On the other hand, the scenario is quite different in India as here the targeted audience is completely different. The new communication campaign 'reveal' initiated by the company is in the light of moderate changes that the company officials thinks will better suit the reasonable Indian demands.
Stating the prime motive behind the thought of this campaign, Koester quoted, "Other markets emphasise the sportiness of the car with lines like 'Goosebumps vs speedbumps'. In India, we wanted to go back to the core of the brand and make the product our hero. The line 'Superior by Evolution' explains the attitude of the brand, that is continuously evolving to be the best and is future-ready."
Explaining the Television Commercial (TVC), Koester said, "The TVC is based on the heritage and milestones of the 3 series. The ad comprises classic material from the BMW archives, driving shots from international footage from a UK based agency, and the whole TVC was produced by Contra and Weareflink in Germany."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- BMW M5 officially showcased; likely to mark presence in 2013
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Volvo V40 to take on BMW X1, Promises to be 'Value for Money' rather than 'Money for Value'
- BMW India brings a mobile showroom to Kerala, has big expansion plans
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series
- Dr. Schlipf is the new MD & CEO of BMW Financial Services India
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- BMW 1 Series set for Indian launch, along with Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- New BMW 7 Series launched in India at Rs. 92.9 lakh
- BMW India to launch its 7 Series facelift today
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- BMW’s subsidiary Mini starts local assembly in India
- BMW 7 Series facelift to be launched in India on April 25