BharatBenz trucks to mark its Indian debut at a higher price range
BharatBenz, an exclusive brand representing the Daimler India commercial vehicles (DICV) 6 to 49 tonnes truck portfolio, will be hitting the Indian roads this September but is anticipated to be tagged at a price higher by 5 to 10 percent in comparison to the segment rivals.
The company has not yet revealed the prices of its offerings for the country but has assured that the trucks will be a value for money owing to the modern technological enhancements equipped in them leading to lesser fuel consumption as against the fuel efficiency offered by its Indian competitors.
Mr. V.R.V. Sriprasad, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, After-sales, was quoted as saying, "The trucks will be competitively priced, but the features we will be offering would offer huge financial benefit to customers and hence price is expected to higher by 5-10 per cent initially."
With an infusion of around two third of the committed investment of Rs. 4400 crore in its commercial vehicle sector in India, the Germany based company has planned to line up the launch of 17 models in 18 months, initiating with the introduction of a 25 tonne capacity truck model to be made available at around 70 dealerships across the nation. While plans are also being chalked to offer finance solutions and cashless maintenance scheme.
Mr. Sriprasad also affirmed that the brand has been christened as BharatBenz owing to the feedback received by the Indian folk, who prefer good commercial vehicles badged with 'made by and for India' tag.
- Saturday 23 June 2012, 12:49 PM by Curtis
- Maruti Suzuki temporarily halts production at Gurgaon plant due to fire
- Audi starts teasing the next-gen A5 coupe
- Indian small cars benefit from reduced import duty in Sri Lanka
- Voluntary vehicle scrappage scheme concept note moots three step incentive proposal
- Ban on diesel vehicles may extend to 11 more cities
- Renault Clio R.S. 16 concept marks Renault s return to Formula 1
- BMW UK launches M3 30 Jahre limited edition
- Porsche India to soon launch the 2.0-litre Macan
- 2017 Nissan GT-R Nismo revealed
- Porsche organises an adventure drive in Mumbai