BharatBenz trucks to mark its Indian debut at a higher price range
BharatBenz, an exclusive brand representing the Daimler India commercial vehicles (DICV) 6 to 49 tonnes truck portfolio, will be hitting the Indian roads this September but is anticipated to be tagged at a price higher by 5 to 10 percent in comparison to the segment rivals.
The company has not yet revealed the prices of its offerings for the country but has assured that the trucks will be a value for money owing to the modern technological enhancements equipped in them leading to lesser fuel consumption as against the fuel efficiency offered by its Indian competitors.
Mr. V.R.V. Sriprasad, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, After-sales, was quoted as saying, "The trucks will be competitively priced, but the features we will be offering would offer huge financial benefit to customers and hence price is expected to higher by 5-10 per cent initially."
With an infusion of around two third of the committed investment of Rs. 4400 crore in its commercial vehicle sector in India, the Germany based company has planned to line up the launch of 17 models in 18 months, initiating with the introduction of a 25 tonne capacity truck model to be made available at around 70 dealerships across the nation. While plans are also being chalked to offer finance solutions and cashless maintenance scheme.
Mr. Sriprasad also affirmed that the brand has been christened as BharatBenz owing to the feedback received by the Indian folk, who prefer good commercial vehicles badged with 'made by and for India' tag.
- Tata Manza and Aria launched in Ghana
- Porsche launches Boxter and Cayman in GTS guise at 2014 Beijing Motor Show
- Launched: Range Rover Hybrid Long Wheelbase at Beijing Motor Show
- Datsun Go+ expected to be launched in India sometime soon
- Hyundai Eon Magna 1.0 launched at Rs. 3.85 lakhs
- Honda CBR 150R expected to receive a facelift
- Tata Motors is developing new products for domestic market
- Fiat Punto facelift, Avventura Nepal launch by mid-September