BharatBenz trucks to mark its Indian debut at a higher price range
BharatBenz, an exclusive brand representing the Daimler India commercial vehicles (DICV) 6 to 49 tonnes truck portfolio, will be hitting the Indian roads this September but is anticipated to be tagged at a price higher by 5 to 10 percent in comparison to the segment rivals.
The company has not yet revealed the prices of its offerings for the country but has assured that the trucks will be a value for money owing to the modern technological enhancements equipped in them leading to lesser fuel consumption as against the fuel efficiency offered by its Indian competitors.
Mr. V.R.V. Sriprasad, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, After-sales, was quoted as saying, "The trucks will be competitively priced, but the features we will be offering would offer huge financial benefit to customers and hence price is expected to higher by 5-10 per cent initially."
With an infusion of around two third of the committed investment of Rs. 4400 crore in its commercial vehicle sector in India, the Germany based company has planned to line up the launch of 17 models in 18 months, initiating with the introduction of a 25 tonne capacity truck model to be made available at around 70 dealerships across the nation. While plans are also being chalked to offer finance solutions and cashless maintenance scheme.
Mr. Sriprasad also affirmed that the brand has been christened as BharatBenz owing to the feedback received by the Indian folk, who prefer good commercial vehicles badged with 'made by and for India' tag.
- Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer 155 (GSX-R 150) launch likely in mid-2015
- Honda's compact SUV to come by early 2016
- Upcoming car releases in January 2015
- The Indian Motorcycle of the Year Award goes to Harley-Davidson Street 750
- Lightning LS 218 - The World's fastest bike reaches markets
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Elite i20 - The Top 2 Car Releases of 2014
- Four-Wheel Drive Comparison - Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton Vs Renault Duster
- Factors contributing to Hyundai Elite i20's ICOTY 2015