Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
Bajaj Auto Limited, the country's third largest two-wheeler maker, looks set to introduce as many as six new motorcycles by the end of March 2014. The company would launch two Pulsar bikes, including a 150 cc and 375 cc versions, along with four Discover models in the two-wheeler market. Recently, Bajaj Auto had lost its number two position at the hands of Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India and therefore, would be hoping to reclaim its lost share in the country as soon as possible.
Of the six upcoming bikes, the one that has caught fancy of most domestic two-wheeler enthusiasts is the Bajaj Pulsar 375. This sports bike would sit above the present flagship 200NS and is built on the same platform as that of the KTM Duke 390. The company is also looking at replacing its ageing Pulsar 150 bike in the country. It has been a long time since Bajaj upgraded its 150 cc two-wheeler portfolio and the launch of new model was nothing but imminent. The Pulsar 375 and Pulsar 150 are expected to see Indian daylight sometime around this year's Diwali festivities during the October and November months.
Bajaj Auto Limited has also developed new models in its Discover range of mid-level motorcycles and as many as four bikes are expected to enter the Indian two-wheeler space by March 2014. It is going to be interesting to see when the company rolls out its new Discover models, as things are getting hot in the 125 to 150 cc bike segment with competition from Honda Stunner, Yamaha SZ-R and others.
- Maruti Suzuki India domestic sales rise by 9.8 per cent in September
- Honda CR-V facelift images revealed ahead of official debut at Paris Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will face tough competition
- Ford's compact sedan shall level-up competition in compact sedan segment
- Indian new car buyers consider in-depth analysis before buying
- Hyundai sells 8902 units of Elite i20 in September
- Honda Mobilio outperforming rivals in Utility Vehicle segment
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz may prove to be a strong competitor against Hyundai Verna