Bajaj RE60 to compete with auto rickshaws in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Bajaj RE60, the small commercial vehicle which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo in January 2012, will be rolled-out in the Indian market by the next year, following the commencement of its production at company’s Aurangabad Plant.
Earlier it was expected that a version of the Bajaj RE60 will be rolled-out in the country in the passenger car segment in competition with the small car Tata Nano. But as the Bajaj-Nissan-Renault alliance is no longer working on launching a Tata Nano competitor in India; the RE60 would be rather a small commercial vehicle which will compete with the auto rickshaws in the country.
Powered by a 200cc rear mounted petrol engine, the Bajaj RE60 will be delivering a mileage of 35 km per liter along with having a top speed of 70 km per hour. The car will be emitting a considerably low level of CO2 in the market at 60 gms per km. The four seater small car is expected to be priced in the segment of Rs 1 to 1.5 lakh.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
good step, can i book now, 9811260868May 25, 2012 by Vikas
- Nissan to launch five new Datsun models in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- MoU signed between IDBI bank and ICML for selling MUVs in India
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Mahindra to launch new Verito Vibe hatch on June 5
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Fiat to organise free check up camps for existing Indian customers
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Fiat eyes 5 per cent market share through dealership expansion and new launches
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- First time Indian buyers prefer premium hatchbacks and compact sedans