Bajaj launches its highly anticipated 4-wheeler Bajaj RE60
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Bajaj is making foray into the four-wheeler segment, with the launch of the ultra-low cost Bajaj RE60. The company, which is a trusted name in the motorcycle segment, aims to capture the car segment as well. Bajaj already has the largest market share in the three-wheeler segment, selling around half a million three-wheeler last year. With the unveiling of Bajaj RE60, the four year long wait of Bajaj ends today.
During the press conference, Rajiv Bajaj, CEO of Bajaj Auto spoke highly of the vehicle, which symbolises pride and aspiration. The petrol fuelled car boasts of fuel injected, water cooled, 4 valves and twin spark technology. It emits around 60g/km of CO2, which is significantly less, around half the emission by other small cars.
Mr. Bajaj proudly stated that during the testing stage, the car gave 40 kmpl mileage and users can thus expect at least 35 kmpl fuel economy. The car will be equipped with varied features that are typically not there in other vehicles of this segment, but are present in the segments above. He further said that the company plans to sell it at a mass volume price, to attract more buyers.
A quick glance of the highlights of the appealing passenger car Bajaj RE60:
• Light weight monocoque metal polymer hybrid structure
• Max speed: 70kmph
• Turning circle: 3.5m
• Length: 2,752mm
• Height: 1,650mm
• Seating Capacity: 2+2 or 1+3
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Its more Auto & less car.the specifications are more of Bajaj auto only.Guys this car is waste,January 05, 2012 by Mani
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- Launch of new Land Rover Defender postponed till 2015
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Datsun to launch 5 new models in India, first will be a hatchback
- Mahindra Verito Vibe to begin new chapter for the utility vehicle maker in India
- Bajaj Auto eying the launch of new models in Discover and Pulsar series
- LPG and CNG kits to soon come with warranty
- Sahil International signs up Hrithik Roshan as the new face of Ground Zero
- Exploding car bombs in Makhachkala killed 3 and wounded over 20
- Several Shia and Sunni Muslims killed during car bombings in Iraq
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Harley Davidson India introduces 24x7 Road Assistance Program
- Shrinking fuel price differential boosts demand for petrol vehicles in India