Bajaj Auto witnesses a dip in total sales by 5.86 percent in June
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Bajaj Auto, the Indian motorcycle vehicle manufacturer and one of the leading two-wheeler makers in the country has witnessed a considerable dip in sales volume by around 5.86 percent in the month of June this year with sales totalling at 3,45,162 units as against the sale of 3,66,657 units achieved in June 2011. The firm affirmed that the decline majorly resulted from constantly declining demand for motorcycles as well as constraints arising in the lined up exports to its major markets of Egypt and Sri Lanka.
While the motorcycle sales of Bajaj Auto plunged down to 1.38 percent with sales diving from 3,22,827 units attained in June 2011 to 3,18,377 units sold in the last month, the three-wheeler commercial vehicle sales fell by 38.89 percent, tallying at 26,785 units as compared to the 43,830 units sale achieved in the concerned month last year.
The company also confirmed that even the exports in the relevant month were drastically affected with a steep decrease of 18.34 percent. The exports made in June last year was 1,42,124 vehicles while in the last month it stood at 1,16,062 units.
It was the economic constraints faced by the company in exporting its vehicles to its top overseas markets such as Egypt and Sri Lanka that led to an extreme decline in exports volume. Bajaj Auto exports around 10,000 two and three-wheeler vehicles to Sri Lanka but the stepped up import duties levied since April has discouraged major exports to the nation.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Suzuki India planning for the launch of Suzuki Inzuma
- BMW 2 Series to sit below the 3 Series globally
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles