Bajaj Auto to commercially launch RE60 by end of this financial year
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Bajaj Auto, has announced that the much awaited four wheeled commercial city car, RE60 will hit the Indian roads by the end of the current financial year.
Bajaj RE60 made a spectacular appearance earlier this year at the 2012 Delhi International Auto Expoand its launch will be aimed for intra city conveyance in urban areas as an alternative choice for three wheeled auto rickshaws.
Mr. S Ravikumar, Senior Vice-President (Business Development) at Bajaj Auto Ltd, was quoted as saying, "The commercial production of RE60 will begin by the end of this fiscal and the launch will also happen at the same time." He, however, refused to make any statement in regards to the production quantum and the capacity allocated for the manufacturing of Bajaj RE60.
The company has revealed that the RE60 has been gradually developed within a span of 4 years and is directed towards the domestic as well as international markets owing to the fact that the three-wheelers of the company share the same target markets as the RE60.
Bajaj RE60 is said to incorporate a 200 cc rear mounted petrol engine and has a top speed of 70 kmph with class leading mileage of 35 kmpl. The car has been designed to be highly fuel efficient combined with extremely low carbon dioxide emission levels.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
As a matter of fact, hybrid cars are the need of hours as the import bill constitute 80% towards petroleum products, whereas western countries have already switched to hybrid cars to save petrol.June 12, 2012 by Surinder Singh
Hybrid version of car may also be launched which will reduce the pollution.June 11, 2012 by S K Dixit
You R Right Mr. CHANDUCHARTIST...No harm in becoming One as 4 Wheeler Rikshaw Owner Cum Driver to fight the non cooperation and arrogance of Most of the Rikshawalls in any big city like Mumbai / Pune. Only the price should be less than Rs. 1 Lakh..inclusive all taxes. Because Nano 624 CC is 1.55 To 2.1 Lacs..Then 200 CC should be less than 1 Lacs only.May 19, 2012 by Vinayak Medhi
EK AUR COVERED RIKSHO ON ROADMay 19, 2012 by CHANDUCHARTIST
I need to book this car so please suggest when I can booked car.Also we need the price.May 18, 2012 by Dharmendra Patel
Yes can be substitute of three wheeler scooter and bereft of any ac, but is good if the cost is equal to the scooter. In case it is more than that people have choice of NANO as also other car with 660 cc coming before Diwali. Thus cost consciousness must be in the mind of Company.May 18, 2012 by Surinder Singh
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Fiat eyes 5 per cent market share through dealership expansion and new launches
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- First time Indian buyers prefer premium hatchbacks and compact sedans
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Fiat organises free vehicle check-up camps in Mumbai, Pune and Surat
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India