Bajaj Auto eyeing Brazil and ASEAN nations to expand its Kawasaki venture
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Banking on its successful tie-up with Japanese partner Kawasaki in Philippines, Bajaj Auto is looking ahead to introduce the business model in Brazil and other ASEAN countries. The regulating authorities of both the auto companies have approved the proposed venture in the third week of September 2012.
In Philippines, together Bajaj and Kawasaki kicked off their operations in 2004 and have grabbed a market share of 45 per cent till now. The Managing Director of Bajaj Auto, quoted, “Between the developed and developing markets, there are these smaller markets where our bikes are extremely relevant. We believe Bajaj and Kawasaki have reached a right (business) model in the Philippines.”
The model introduced in Philippines will be now showcased in Indonesia by mid 2013. Under this programme, Bajaj designs and develop motorcycles in the Indian Territory and then delivers them to Kawasaki, which further configures them according to the local regulations. The motorcycles are then introduced in the markets under the moniker of Kawasaki-Bajaj.
On a broader level, the move results in a decent capacity utilisation for both auto companies. On the part of Bajaj, the company fully utilises its production capacity, whereas for Kawasaki it is an utilisation of distribution capacity. In 2011, the domestic player shipped around 1.2 million bikes and the auto maker has a production potential to manufacturer four million units yearly. The exports revenues of the company account nearly for one third of its total revenues.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport likely to be launched by June 2013
- Fast & Furious 6 hits Indian screens
- Nissan Micra facelift to enter Indian market during June-July 2013
- Yamaha Ray Z scooter launched at Rs. 48,555 (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Toyota 23rd, BMW 24th on the BrandZ's Top 100 ranking
- Nissan India recalling 22,188 units of Sunny and Micra
- Ford EcoSport 'Child Parts' manufacturing style very beneficial for the customers
- Nissan Duster to be launched in India during Diwali
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India