Bajaj Auto develops the most technologically superior 100 cc bike; to unveil in January 2013
Bajaj Auto, the second largest two-wheeler maker of the country, has developed the most technologically advanced and expensive motorcycle in 100 cc segment, which will be showcased in January 2013. The President (Motorcycle Business) of Bajaj Auto, K Srinivas quoted, “Besides being the most expensive motorcycle in the 100CC segment, it will also be technologically most advanced bike.”
However, the company official refused to comment of the price tag of the upcoming bike saying that the price of new model is not the main news. Presently, the auto maker offers Platina and Discover range in 100 cc segment, which are both priced between a price bracket of Rs. 38,990 and Rs. 45,000.
Besides, Bajaj Auto has claimed that its flagship model Discover has outpaced the sales of MotoCorp's Splendour in September 2012 and has emerged as the largest selling motorcycle in the world with figures standing at 1.22 lac units against Splendour's 1.21 lacs units.
On this impressive performance of Bajaj, Srinivas further said that the company has recorded a surge in its growth despite a fall of 1 per cent in the entire industry. In the second quarter of 2013, the market share of Bajaj Auto was standing at 27 per cent. The sales figures of auto maker in early festive season were also impressive as it has increased by 6 per cent, indicating as a good sign for the entire industry.
- Mercedes Benz India registers 25 per cent growth in first six months of 2014
- Tata Motors - Revotron 1.2T engine potential revealed
- Tata Zest production begins, launch round the corner
- Indian Motorcycles set to re-launch Roadmaster in 2015
- Audi A3 launch next week, bookings open from 1st August for Rs. 3.5 Lakhs
- Festive season set for multiple two-wheeler launches
- New Bajaj Discover 150 S to be launched at booking price of INR 500
- Honda Aviator and TVS Wego: Two top scooters of Indian market