Bajaj Auto develops the most technologically superior 100 cc bike; to unveil in January 2013
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Bajaj Auto, the second largest two-wheeler maker of the country, has developed the most technologically advanced and expensive motorcycle in 100 cc segment, which will be showcased in January 2013. The President (Motorcycle Business) of Bajaj Auto, K Srinivas quoted, “Besides being the most expensive motorcycle in the 100CC segment, it will also be technologically most advanced bike.”
However, the company official refused to comment of the price tag of the upcoming bike saying that the price of new model is not the main news. Presently, the auto maker offers Platina and Discover range in 100 cc segment, which are both priced between a price bracket of Rs. 38,990 and Rs. 45,000.
Besides, Bajaj Auto has claimed that its flagship model Discover has outpaced the sales of MotoCorp's Splendour in September 2012 and has emerged as the largest selling motorcycle in the world with figures standing at 1.22 lac units against Splendour's 1.21 lacs units.
On this impressive performance of Bajaj, Srinivas further said that the company has recorded a surge in its growth despite a fall of 1 per cent in the entire industry. In the second quarter of 2013, the market share of Bajaj Auto was standing at 27 per cent. The sales figures of auto maker in early festive season were also impressive as it has increased by 6 per cent, indicating as a good sign for the entire industry.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles
- Fast & Furious 6 cars to set pulses racing on May on 24, 2013
- Renault-Nissan ramps up capacity of their Indian unit
- Tata Nano diesel to be the smallest diesel hatch on sale
- Honda Brio enters Maruti's category with new variants
- BMW M5 officially showcased; likely to mark presence in 2013
- Sanjay Dutt and his love for high-end cars
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- Launch of new Land Rover Defender postponed till 2015
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Datsun to launch 5 new models in India, first will be a hatchback