Bajaj Auto develops the most technologically superior 100 cc bike; to unveil in January 2013
Bajaj Auto, the second largest two-wheeler maker of the country, has developed the most technologically advanced and expensive motorcycle in 100 cc segment, which will be showcased in January 2013. The President (Motorcycle Business) of Bajaj Auto, K Srinivas quoted, “Besides being the most expensive motorcycle in the 100CC segment, it will also be technologically most advanced bike.”
However, the company official refused to comment of the price tag of the upcoming bike saying that the price of new model is not the main news. Presently, the auto maker offers Platina and Discover range in 100 cc segment, which are both priced between a price bracket of Rs. 38,990 and Rs. 45,000.
Besides, Bajaj Auto has claimed that its flagship model Discover has outpaced the sales of MotoCorp's Splendour in September 2012 and has emerged as the largest selling motorcycle in the world with figures standing at 1.22 lac units against Splendour's 1.21 lacs units.
On this impressive performance of Bajaj, Srinivas further said that the company has recorded a surge in its growth despite a fall of 1 per cent in the entire industry. In the second quarter of 2013, the market share of Bajaj Auto was standing at 27 per cent. The sales figures of auto maker in early festive season were also impressive as it has increased by 6 per cent, indicating as a good sign for the entire industry.
- Ford Fiesta gets pricier in India
- New Tata Aria facelift might come in 2016
- New Honda Jazz likely to come in 3 engine options
- Mahindra to launch all new Gusto based 125cc scooter
- Honda to try its hand in the Trike market
- Delhi Police release traffic advisory before 66th Republic Day
- Audi releases the calendar for 2015 Audi Sport TT Cup
- Battle between MPVs - Maruti Ertiga Vs Nissan Datsun Go+