Bajaj Auto develops the most technologically superior 100 cc bike; to unveil in January 2013
Bajaj Auto, the second largest two-wheeler maker of the country, has developed the most technologically advanced and expensive motorcycle in 100 cc segment, which will be showcased in January 2013. The President (Motorcycle Business) of Bajaj Auto, K Srinivas quoted, “Besides being the most expensive motorcycle in the 100CC segment, it will also be technologically most advanced bike.”
However, the company official refused to comment of the price tag of the upcoming bike saying that the price of new model is not the main news. Presently, the auto maker offers Platina and Discover range in 100 cc segment, which are both priced between a price bracket of Rs. 38,990 and Rs. 45,000.
Besides, Bajaj Auto has claimed that its flagship model Discover has outpaced the sales of MotoCorp's Splendour in September 2012 and has emerged as the largest selling motorcycle in the world with figures standing at 1.22 lac units against Splendour's 1.21 lacs units.
On this impressive performance of Bajaj, Srinivas further said that the company has recorded a surge in its growth despite a fall of 1 per cent in the entire industry. In the second quarter of 2013, the market share of Bajaj Auto was standing at 27 per cent. The sales figures of auto maker in early festive season were also impressive as it has increased by 6 per cent, indicating as a good sign for the entire industry.
- India-made Hyundai Xcent makes its way to Mexican market
- Honda India celebrates its 40th anniversary with Iconic Honda Gold Wing - GL1800
- Honda marks 300 Million motorcycle production achievement with Gold Wing
- New BMW M4 Coupe Vs Audi RS5 Vs Mercedes C63 AMG
- New BMW M3 sedan Vs Audi S4-Spec comparison
- Audi A3 Cabriolet launch date is December 11, 2014
- Ssangyong Tivoli is the production-spec X100 compact SUV
- Pioneer India launches new range of in-car entertainment audio products