Auto Expo 2012: Hyundai HND-7 MUV concept to be exhibited at Auto Expo 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Hyundai Motor India Limited, India’s second largest manufacturer, will be exhibiting its concept compact MPV, HND-7, for the first time at the upcoming Auto Expo 2012. Along with this, the company will also showcase the range of its successful models to attract car aficionados at the event. The other models present at Hyundai's stalls will include the three-door Veloster crossover, a utility coupe, new Elantra, Santa Fe and Eon.
Hyundai Elantra will draw the spectators’ attention owing to its sporty looks. The car is available in two transmission options – automatic as well as manual. Hyundai Sonata, famous as i45, will also be present at the event; this car is expected to be launched soon in India. Along with this, the car maker will also be bringing out the Sonata Fluidic sedan, which is already available in foreign markets.
Arvind Saxena, Marketing and Sales, Director, Hyundai India, said, "We are showcasing some very exciting cars from our international range at the Auto Expo. Showcased in the New Delhi Auto Expo 2008 as concept car the Veloster will be present as a premium crossover utility vehicle. The new Elantra for display at the Expo is a sedan with sporty looks. Internationally, it is available in two engine options in both manual and automatic transmissions."
The demand for Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV) is increasing in the Indian auto market quite rapidly. These vehicles have several advantages, such as high ground clearance and satisfactory boot space, along with a decent mileage which is the primary need of a customer. Moreover, traditional body styles, hatchback and sedan, have not enticed Indian buyers in recent times, so car makers expect that SUVs and Multi-utility Vehicles (MUVs) will do well in domestic market.
In coming days, more new entries are anticipated in SUV and MUV segment such as Audi Q3, Premier Rio diesel, Mahindra Xylo Mini and Renault Duster. Moreover, Ford EcoSport and unnamed concept cars from Maruti and, along with the new concept under development from Hyundai, HND-7, are also in the pipeline.
The kind of response these vehicles receive at Asia’s biggest Auto Expo remains to be seen. The 11th edition of the show is being organised jointly by Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA).
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Hundai India centric companyJanuary 01, 2012 by Ganapathi
I like hundai companys' every manufactureDecember 31, 2011 by Faraz
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Hyundai looking to get more aggressive in the Indian auto market
- Hyundai compact SUV to arrive at Indian shores in 2014
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Hyundai Motor India to introduce four new models over the next 2 years
- Hyundai Motor India registers 4.3 per cent rise in total sales in April 2013
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Hyundai pursues aggressive expansion plans for the Indian UV market
- Hyundai’s i20-based HB20S could stir new row in the entry level sedan market
- Hyundai Motor India effectuates top management elevation
- Honda’ new model to take on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon
- Hyundai total sales down 4.71 per cent in March, exports up by 12.3 per cent
- Price hikes implemented by Hyundai Motor India Limited from April 1
- Hyundai set to introduce new compact SUV and MPV models in India soon