Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz tap newer market segments in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Despite of dwindling sales growth in the Indian auto market, the luxury automakers are clocking in impressive sales figures by capturing new market segments. In India, the premium segment is currently headed by the German auto giants - BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. While Mercedes-Benz lost its second leading position recently to Audi, the rivalry between BMW and Audi has been fiercely intensified.
These luxury automakers are fishing out the untapped segment in India with a view to achieve supremacy in the segment. Owing to this the Audi badged compact SUV Q3 with its class-apart design dynamics was able to attain the record of closing 500 booking within 5 days of opening the bookings. Likewise, BMW is stiffening up the competition with the launch of 3 Series entry-level sedan by the end of this month. The entry-level sedan segment has reported significant demand boost in the recent months.
Following the trajectory is Mercedes-Benz, who is gearing up to roll out new B Class Sports Tourer marking its penetrating entry into the new found segment. This new sports tourer hatchback will come to Indian roads by the end of the current calendar year in a price tagged below Rs. 25 lakhs to rival out the segment leaders, BMW X1 and Audi Q3.
In the initial three months, sales growth recorded by Audi India totalled an impressive 52.15 percent hike, while BMW reported a marginal decline in sales by 12.16 percent and Mercedes-Benz scored a drastic 24.41 percent dip in sales.
Audi India Head, Mr. Michael Perschke has clearly indicated that the company is missioned to grab the top spot by 2014 with series of new launches in the emerging segments.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Suzuki India planning for the launch of Suzuki Inzuma
- BMW 2 Series to sit below the 3 Series globally
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles