Audi sells over 10,000 units in FY 2013-2014
Audi India continued its high sales momentum; company’s sales grew 18% at 1404 units in March 2014 as compared to 1104 units in the same month last year. In the first quarter, Audi sold 2740 units in India, which is again best-ever quarterly performance of the car maker. In the same periods last year, the company posted sales of 2616 units. Besides, this, the collective sales for fiscal year 2013-2014 stood at 10126 units as against 9350 units in last fiscal. With over 10000 units sold in FY 2013-2014, the company has become the first luxury auto maker in India to achieve this landmark. Besides this, Audi is the first luxury car maker in India to achieve the same feat in CY 2013. Audi launched new Audi RS 7Sportbackin the beginning of year, apart from launching RS 7, the company also inaugurated new showrooms in cities includingUdaipur,VishakhapatnamandNashik.
“The double achievement of selling 10000 units in a single financial year and calendar year validates the strength and status that the brand has achieved in India. We are looking forward to consolidate our position while growing profitably in the future as well. In line with our top-down strategy, we will be launching the next big Audi-Audi A3 sedan later this year. Globally theAuidA3 has been a great success and I feel that it is just the right product for the Indian market and will further delight customers across the country” said Mr. Joe king, Head Audi India.
“Audi India was the only manufacturer in its segment to pass on the full benefit of the excise duty reduction to the customer. The customer has appreciated our gesture as shown by the March sales result” said Mr. King.
“Whether inmotorsportor in business, the name of Audi has been synonymous with winning. Audi continues to be the market leader in the luxury SUV segment in India. Audi is also the market leader in the sports car segment in India and the launch of the Audi RS 7sportbackhas further consolidated our leadership in performance cars in India. We intend to reach our customers across India and plan to extend our dealership network to 40 by the end of this year”, added Mr. King.
- Mahindra Bolero continues to lead the UV segment
- Hyundai i20 Elite - Feature loaded hatchback for INR 4.89 Lakhs
- Delhi Women spots a cat driving a car and faints at a traffic signal
- Honda Mobilio RS - expected to be a popular top-end variant post launch
- Singham Returns actor Ajay Devgan and director Rohit Shetty gift two cars to Maharashtra Police
- Hyundai Xcent launched in Nepal price begins at Rs 15.5 lakh
- Honda Activa clinches pole position in two-wheel segment in July at 1,91,883 units
- Next-gen Toyota Innova likely to be unveiled in 2015