Audi sells over 10,000 units in FY 2013-2014
Audi India continued its high sales momentum; company’s sales grew 18% at 1404 units in March 2014 as compared to 1104 units in the same month last year. In the first quarter, Audi sold 2740 units in India, which is again best-ever quarterly performance of the car maker. In the same periods last year, the company posted sales of 2616 units. Besides, this, the collective sales for fiscal year 2013-2014 stood at 10126 units as against 9350 units in last fiscal. With over 10000 units sold in FY 2013-2014, the company has become the first luxury auto maker in India to achieve this landmark. Besides this, Audi is the first luxury car maker in India to achieve the same feat in CY 2013. Audi launched new Audi RS 7Sportbackin the beginning of year, apart from launching RS 7, the company also inaugurated new showrooms in cities includingUdaipur,VishakhapatnamandNashik.
“The double achievement of selling 10000 units in a single financial year and calendar year validates the strength and status that the brand has achieved in India. We are looking forward to consolidate our position while growing profitably in the future as well. In line with our top-down strategy, we will be launching the next big Audi-Audi A3 sedan later this year. Globally theAuidA3 has been a great success and I feel that it is just the right product for the Indian market and will further delight customers across the country” said Mr. Joe king, Head Audi India.
“Audi India was the only manufacturer in its segment to pass on the full benefit of the excise duty reduction to the customer. The customer has appreciated our gesture as shown by the March sales result” said Mr. King.
“Whether inmotorsportor in business, the name of Audi has been synonymous with winning. Audi continues to be the market leader in the luxury SUV segment in India. Audi is also the market leader in the sports car segment in India and the launch of the Audi RS 7sportbackhas further consolidated our leadership in performance cars in India. We intend to reach our customers across India and plan to extend our dealership network to 40 by the end of this year”, added Mr. King.
- Official: Maruti Alto K10 facelift launching on November 3
- Yamaha SZ-RR 2.0 offers a good deal in 150cc segment, priced around Rs. 65,300
- Son of MLA arrested in Andhra Pradesh in connection with a student's death during car racing
- Hyundai Elantra marks its popularity in global markets with 10 Million sales achievement
- BMW achieves a new milestone on crossing 40,000 units production mark from its Chennai Plant
- Karizma ZMR Vs Karizma R - A Competitive Comparison
- Honda Two-Wheeler gets its 800th Dealer
- Hero Splendor makes it back to 'Top-Selling Bike in India'