Audi reveals the 2013 Audi Q7 loaded with a new 3.0L TDI turbo diesel engine
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
With the worldwide boost in sales of SUVs, Audi is driving in the next generation Audi Q7 sporting an all new 3.0L TDI turbo diesel engine. The full-size luxury crossover SUV will now also embody an upgraded version of the V6 diesel engine lighter in weight by 50 pounds to deliver incredibly high performance along with class leading fuel efficiency.
The improved V6 diesel engine incorporated in the 2013 Audi Q7 will now generate a top power of 240 bhp rising by 15 bhp as compared to the previous version while retaining the same 500 Nm of peak torque. The automaker proudly claims that the new engine has catapulted the fuel efficiency levels by a major 12 percent.
Audi will be offering this next generation crossover SUV in a seven seater model with premium interior decor and minor amendments on the exterior front. The new engine is fabricated to work in tandem with the standard 8 speed automatic Tiptronic transmission.
The all new Audi Q7 powered with the new 3.0L TDI turbo diesel engine will render a head on rivalry to its compatriots like Porsche Cayenne and Volkswagen Touareg sharing the same turbo diesel engine.
For the Indian market, Audi India is anticipated to roll out 2013 Audi Q7 SUV from the end of the next year by assembling the Completely Knocked Down (CKD) units. At present, the crossover SUV is brought in India as Completely Built Units (CBU) and by assembling the 2013 Audi Q7, the company is aiming to intensify the competition more in terms of price.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Audi S6 to make its Indian debut soon
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Audi India sits on top with 37 per cent sales growth in April 2013
- Audi models display their might in Iron Man 3
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- Audi unveils its new A3 luxury sedan at 2013 Shanghai Motor Show
- BEST bus wrecks Rahul Vaidya’s Audi Q7, the singer escapes with minor injuries
- Audi Sportscar Experience (ASE) kicks off in Mumbai from April 19, bookings open
- Audi India launches A6 special edition at Rs. 46.33 lakh
- 2014 Audi R8 super car goes on sale; Set to appear in Iron Man 3
- Audi India records 10 per cent sales growth in March 2013
- Audi R8 V10 Plus super car launch at BIC on April 4, 2013
- Upcoming Mercedes-Benz CLA to take on BMW 2 series and Audi A3 sedan
- Audi India’s Facebook page crosses 2 lakh fans