Audi introduces a high powered top end variant of Q5 at Le Mans
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Germany based premium automaker Audi has unveiled the high performance top-end variant of its high selling compact crossover SUV, Audi Q5. The new high end variant, SQ5 TDI has been launched at 2012 Le Mans 24 Hours race in France and sports distinct highlights on the exterior and the interior fronts combined with the delivery of high power boosting performance.3
Audi SQ5 TDI is loaded with a powerful 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 diesel engine capable of outpouring a maximum power of 313bhp with a maximum torque of 66.2kgm and is offered with a sound actuator in the exhaust system. The new variant can reach a speed of 100kmph from a standstill in just 5.1 seconds and attains a top speed of 250kmph. With eight-speed tiptronic gearbox and Quattro permanent four-wheel drive, the torque gets routed with the sport-tuned suspension lowering the vehicle body by 30 millimetres.
The new single frame platinum gray grille strengthened with double bars with rich aluminium finish and colour coordinated roof spoiler, restyled bumpers and wing mirrors and 20-inch wheels comprising five parallel-spoke design elevate the sportive appeal of the SUV. Offered in two paints, Estoril Blue and Panther Black, the Audi SQ5 composes of the interiors shaded in pearl black. The visual appeal of the interiors is upgraded with the S badges on the door sill trims, S gear lever knob, start button, lighting package, the S welcome screen and a customised steering wheel.
The Audi SQ5 will hit the international market in the first quarter of 2013 and the Indian buyers can however an Indian launch by the end of 2013.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Audi S6 to make its Indian debut soon
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Audi India sits on top with 37 per cent sales growth in April 2013
- Audi models display their might in Iron Man 3
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- Audi unveils its new A3 luxury sedan at 2013 Shanghai Motor Show
- BEST bus wrecks Rahul Vaidya’s Audi Q7, the singer escapes with minor injuries
- Audi Sportscar Experience (ASE) kicks off in Mumbai from April 19, bookings open
- Audi India launches A6 special edition at Rs. 46.33 lakh
- 2014 Audi R8 super car goes on sale; Set to appear in Iron Man 3
- Audi India records 10 per cent sales growth in March 2013
- Audi R8 V10 Plus super car launch at BIC on April 4, 2013
- Upcoming Mercedes-Benz CLA to take on BMW 2 series and Audi A3 sedan
- Audi India’s Facebook page crosses 2 lakh fans