Audi India planning to establish a new assembly unit at Skoda Auto’s Aurangabad facility
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Audi India, the luxury brand badged under the Germany based automotive manufacturing company, Volkswagen Group, is endeavoring to meet the surging demand in the country by establishing a new production facility at the Aurangabad plant of the group’s entry brand, Skoda Auto India.
The premium car maker is currently utilizing the facility at Aurangabad for the assembly of its high selling compact and executive sedans, Audi A4 and Audi A6 and its flagship compact crossover SUV, Audi Q5. Plans are being formulated to commence the assembly of two of its SUVs, Audi Q7 and Q3 at this new unit. At present, the installed capacity of the automaker in the country is 6,500 units on an annual basis.
Mr. Michael Perschke, Head of Audi India, was quoted as saying, "We are setting up a dedicated production plant in Aurangabad. It will have a capacity of 3,000 units annually."
At present, the plant is under construction and while confirming details about this new unit, Mr. Perschke added, “"We had announced a five year plan of 30 million euro of which 65-70 per cent has already been consumed. The investment in the new plan will come from this."
The country’s second largest luxury car maker will be announcing its next set of five year plans in the year 2013. In a bid to outrival its top contender, BMW India, the company is targeting to register sale of 8,000 units this year with expectation of achieving a high growth of 20 percent in the year 2013, while in the month of August this year, the sales growth boosted by 42 percent.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Audi S6 to make its Indian debut soon
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Audi India sits on top with 37 per cent sales growth in April 2013
- Audi models display their might in Iron Man 3
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- Audi unveils its new A3 luxury sedan at 2013 Shanghai Motor Show
- BEST bus wrecks Rahul Vaidya’s Audi Q7, the singer escapes with minor injuries
- Audi Sportscar Experience (ASE) kicks off in Mumbai from April 19, bookings open
- Audi India launches A6 special edition at Rs. 46.33 lakh
- 2014 Audi R8 super car goes on sale; Set to appear in Iron Man 3
- Audi India records 10 per cent sales growth in March 2013
- Audi R8 V10 Plus super car launch at BIC on April 4, 2013
- Upcoming Mercedes-Benz CLA to take on BMW 2 series and Audi A3 sedan
- Audi India’s Facebook page crosses 2 lakh fans