Audi aims to grab the top position in India with successful debut of Q3
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The luxury car maker Audi is receiving a good response for their recently launched Q3 compact sport-utility vehicle, despite declining demand for cars in the Indian market. Within the five days of the launch of this car in the Indian market, the company has managed to sell a total of 500 units of this SUV in the country. Audi is currently 3rd largest luxury car maker in India, and aims to grab the top position in India by year 2014.
Speaking to ET, Audi India head Michael Perschke said, "We will not have the car available for the next few months as the fresh lot of the orders for the second set of 500 vehicles would be made by end of June and these cars should reach the Indian market by August this year."He added, "Given the terrific response we can only ask our customers to settle for the other SUV offerings in case of limited availability."
The company is targeting comparatively younger age group of 25 to 40 years for the Q3 SUV, unlike the earlier SUVs of the company which were targeted to 30-45 age groups. The launch of new Q3 model in India will enable the company to compete more promptly with the rivals like BMW and Mercedes Benz.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Audi S6 to make its Indian debut soon
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Audi India sits on top with 37 per cent sales growth in April 2013
- Audi models display their might in Iron Man 3
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- Audi unveils its new A3 luxury sedan at 2013 Shanghai Motor Show
- BEST bus wrecks Rahul Vaidya’s Audi Q7, the singer escapes with minor injuries
- Audi Sportscar Experience (ASE) kicks off in Mumbai from April 19, bookings open
- Audi India launches A6 special edition at Rs. 46.33 lakh
- 2014 Audi R8 super car goes on sale; Set to appear in Iron Man 3
- Audi India records 10 per cent sales growth in March 2013
- Audi R8 V10 Plus super car launch at BIC on April 4, 2013
- Upcoming Mercedes-Benz CLA to take on BMW 2 series and Audi A3 sedan
- Audi India’s Facebook page crosses 2 lakh fans