Audi A8 and A6 adjudged with top ranks by 2012 JD Power APEAL Survey
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
In a recent 2012 APEAL (Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout) survey conducted by JD Power and Associates, the 2012 Audi A8, the mass market full size luxury sedan has been adjudged as the highest performing model for the first time. Another Audi model, A6 has been titled as the Most Appealing Midsize Premium Car. The Audi A8 is also a proud receiver of the most appealing large premium car award.
As per the APEAL study, emphasis has been imposed on the fact that measures the pride quotient held by the Audi customers. This parameter scored Audi A8 the highest marks while crowning the restyled Audi A6 as the most appealing model in the mid-size luxury car segment.
Mr. Scott Keogh, President, Audi America, was quoted as saying, "Audi products have become the envy of the luxury automotive industry. This is a result of our unwavering focus on developing premium vehicles that are intelligent in design, progressive in technology, and exceptional in performance. According to the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates APEAL Study, consumers are recognizing this as well. There can be no question that Audi has the right line-up for these times."
The 2012 Audi A8 scored the highest score of 902 points owing to the class leading design aesthetics, superior technology backed with power packed performance. The model is the first from the Audi’s global portfolio to be honoured with this award. Since the Audi A8 is fabricated with high end innovative features such as Google Earth, Google Local Search, clear and efficient Google Voice Local Search among others, the saloon was the most deserved of all the other contenders.
The other Audi models like Q5, Q7, 2012 A4, A5 and TT bagged third positions in their respective segments.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Audi S6 to make its Indian debut soon
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Audi India sits on top with 37 per cent sales growth in April 2013
- Audi models display their might in Iron Man 3
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- Audi unveils its new A3 luxury sedan at 2013 Shanghai Motor Show
- BEST bus wrecks Rahul Vaidya’s Audi Q7, the singer escapes with minor injuries
- Audi Sportscar Experience (ASE) kicks off in Mumbai from April 19, bookings open
- Audi India launches A6 special edition at Rs. 46.33 lakh
- 2014 Audi R8 super car goes on sale; Set to appear in Iron Man 3
- Audi India records 10 per cent sales growth in March 2013
- Audi R8 V10 Plus super car launch at BIC on April 4, 2013
- Upcoming Mercedes-Benz CLA to take on BMW 2 series and Audi A3 sedan
- Audi India’s Facebook page crosses 2 lakh fans