Audi A3 launch expected by mid 2014, to come through CKD route
Audi seems to have vowed to captivate the luxury sedan segment with its new offering A3 as the company is expected to bring it in India as a completely knocked down unit. This also hints at an aggressive price strategy for the upcoming sedan. Audi India had exhibited A3 sedan at the 2014 Auto Expo held in Greater Noida last month. The company is speculated to launch A3 sedan in domestic market by mid 2014.
The company is likely to assemble A3 at the Skoda Auto India Private Ltd’s manufacturing plant located in Aurangabad. Under the hood, a 1.8 litre TFSI gasoline motor is likely to be equipped that pumps out a maximum power and torque output of 180Bhp and 250Nm respectively. Diesel variant on the other hand is expected to get a 2.0 litre,TDI powertrain that engenders a top power of 150Bhpand a peak torque of 320Nm.
Yet another lucratively priced vehicle from Audi India’s stable Q3 has been garnering good sales ever since its launch in India. In August 2013, Audi launched its stripped down version Q3 S in the domestic market priced at Rs 24. 99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). However, recently Audi re-inducted Q3 S Edition with a price slash of Rs 62,000. Audi A3 sedan too is expected to come with a price tag ranging between Rs 23 lakh to Rs 25 lakh, however, the curiosity built over the pricing of A3 will be pricked once the car is launched in India.
- Maruti Suzuki keen on reducing Celerio AMT's waiting period
- Lamborghini Huracan India launch in August, bookings exceed allotted quota
- Mahindra Ssanyong Rexton RX6 - What to expect?
- New Ford Figo - Trendy hatchback with Wi-Fi convenience
- Tata Bolt - Upcoming hatchback with 3 interesting drive modes
- Suzuki Gixxer 150 due for launch on 10th August, 2014
- 2016 Toyota Innova spy shots emerge
- Suzuki Gixxer - What to expect?