Audi A3 launch expected by mid 2014, to come through CKD route
Audi seems to have vowed to captivate the luxury sedan segment with its new offering A3 as the company is expected to bring it in India as a completely knocked down unit. This also hints at an aggressive price strategy for the upcoming sedan. Audi India had exhibited A3 sedan at the 2014 Auto Expo held in Greater Noida last month. The company is speculated to launch A3 sedan in domestic market by mid 2014.
The company is likely to assemble A3 at the Skoda Auto India Private Ltd’s manufacturing plant located in Aurangabad. Under the hood, a 1.8 litre TFSI gasoline motor is likely to be equipped that pumps out a maximum power and torque output of 180Bhp and 250Nm respectively. Diesel variant on the other hand is expected to get a 2.0 litre,TDI powertrain that engenders a top power of 150Bhpand a peak torque of 320Nm.
Yet another lucratively priced vehicle from Audi India’s stable Q3 has been garnering good sales ever since its launch in India. In August 2013, Audi launched its stripped down version Q3 S in the domestic market priced at Rs 24. 99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). However, recently Audi re-inducted Q3 S Edition with a price slash of Rs 62,000. Audi A3 sedan too is expected to come with a price tag ranging between Rs 23 lakh to Rs 25 lakh, however, the curiosity built over the pricing of A3 will be pricked once the car is launched in India.
- Fiat Abarth 500 comes to India for homologation; launching soon
- Isuzu Motors developing Toyota Innova rivalling premium MPV for India
- UM Renegade Commando Expected Launch by Nov - Tagged at 1.25 lakh INR
- The real low-cost bike is still on the drawing board, so says Pawan Munjal - MD, Hero MotoCorp
- Popular bikes over 200cc in India
- Polaris Ind launches Indian Scout, a new Cruiser Bike in India
- Indian Scout Launched at 11.99 Lakhs INR, Bookings Open
- Ford EcoSport Variants in India