Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MUV in partnership with Nissan
Ashok Leyland, the leading commercial vehicle maker in the Indian market that is gradually expanding its foot prints to the passenger vehicle segment, has unveiled its first ever passenger utility vehicle - Ashok Leyland Stile – in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Stile model has been developed in partnership with leading Japanese auto maker Nissan. The Stile model is basically a rebadged Nissan Evalia or NV200.
The new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be offered in a number of versions including a seven-seater, an eight-seater, shuttle van, courier van and ambulance. The company has said that the Stile model has been modified as per the need and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment and it will be priced in a lower segment as compared to the price segment of Nissan Evalia.
The manufacturing of all new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be commenced by year 2013, which will be a completely independent operation of Ashok Leyland. The model will be offered in three engine version including a common-rail diesel engine, a dual-fuel CNG, a fuel efficient petrol engine. All of these engine units will be sourced from partner Nissan Motors, while the Ashok Leyland will be performing the designing and development part.
- Performance oriented Tata Bolt to be unveiled in Geneva
- McLaren 675 LT unveiled
- Nissan Sway concept (next-gen Micra) Teased again
- Hero HX250R with ABS imported to India from USA for testing
- Would the new Maruti Swift Dzire grab market share for Honda Amaze?
- Moto Guzzi has plans to launch V7 Stone in the Indian market
- Reasons behind successful hatchbacks - Tata Bolt and Volkswagen Polo
- Audi unveils 2016 R8 second generation