Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MUV in partnership with Nissan
Ashok Leyland, the leading commercial vehicle maker in the Indian market that is gradually expanding its foot prints to the passenger vehicle segment, has unveiled its first ever passenger utility vehicle - Ashok Leyland Stile – in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Stile model has been developed in partnership with leading Japanese auto maker Nissan. The Stile model is basically a rebadged Nissan Evalia or NV200.
The new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be offered in a number of versions including a seven-seater, an eight-seater, shuttle van, courier van and ambulance. The company has said that the Stile model has been modified as per the need and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment and it will be priced in a lower segment as compared to the price segment of Nissan Evalia.
The manufacturing of all new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be commenced by year 2013, which will be a completely independent operation of Ashok Leyland. The model will be offered in three engine version including a common-rail diesel engine, a dual-fuel CNG, a fuel efficient petrol engine. All of these engine units will be sourced from partner Nissan Motors, while the Ashok Leyland will be performing the designing and development part.
- Friday 13 January 2012, 12:36 PM by Shriram Jahagirdar
- Hyundai takes wraps off the Grand i10 Anniversary edition
- Hyundai participates in the iconic Nurburgring 24h race
- Camouflaged Chevrolet Beat spotted on test; hints at facelift
- Activa-i refreshed for 2016
- Toyota Camry Hybrid gets cheaper by Rs 2.30 lakh
- Tata Motors looking at assembling cars in Iran
- Pininfarina working on electric sports car
- Facelifted Mercedes-Benz S-Class caught testing
- Diesel vehicles over 10 years old banned in six cities in Kerala
- Car deals and discounts for May 2016