Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MUV in partnership with Nissan
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ashok Leyland, the leading commercial vehicle maker in the Indian market that is gradually expanding its foot prints to the passenger vehicle segment, has unveiled its first ever passenger utility vehicle - Ashok Leyland Stile – in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Stile model has been developed in partnership with leading Japanese auto maker Nissan. The Stile model is basically a rebadged Nissan Evalia or NV200.
The new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be offered in a number of versions including a seven-seater, an eight-seater, shuttle van, courier van and ambulance. The company has said that the Stile model has been modified as per the need and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment and it will be priced in a lower segment as compared to the price segment of Nissan Evalia.
The manufacturing of all new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be commenced by year 2013, which will be a completely independent operation of Ashok Leyland. The model will be offered in three engine version including a common-rail diesel engine, a dual-fuel CNG, a fuel efficient petrol engine. All of these engine units will be sourced from partner Nissan Motors, while the Ashok Leyland will be performing the designing and development part.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
MUV Market is really going to be very competitive within next 2 years time with the availability of Innova,Xylo,Mini Xylo,RiO,Evalia,Stile,Ertiga,Winger,Eeco etc. The customers are going to possess a very wide budget based choice.January 14, 2012 by Shriram Jahagirdar
- Ford EcoSport likely to be launched by June 2013
- Fast & Furious 6 hits Indian screens
- Nissan Micra facelift to enter Indian market during June-July 2013
- Yamaha Ray Z scooter launched at Rs. 48,555 (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Toyota 23rd, BMW 24th on the BrandZ's Top 100 ranking
- Nissan India recalling 22,188 units of Sunny and Micra
- Ford EcoSport 'Child Parts' manufacturing style very beneficial for the customers
- Nissan Duster to be launched in India during Diwali
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India