Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MUV in partnership with Nissan
Ashok Leyland, the leading commercial vehicle maker in the Indian market that is gradually expanding its foot prints to the passenger vehicle segment, has unveiled its first ever passenger utility vehicle - Ashok Leyland Stile – in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Stile model has been developed in partnership with leading Japanese auto maker Nissan. The Stile model is basically a rebadged Nissan Evalia or NV200.
The new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be offered in a number of versions including a seven-seater, an eight-seater, shuttle van, courier van and ambulance. The company has said that the Stile model has been modified as per the need and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment and it will be priced in a lower segment as compared to the price segment of Nissan Evalia.
The manufacturing of all new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be commenced by year 2013, which will be a completely independent operation of Ashok Leyland. The model will be offered in three engine version including a common-rail diesel engine, a dual-fuel CNG, a fuel efficient petrol engine. All of these engine units will be sourced from partner Nissan Motors, while the Ashok Leyland will be performing the designing and development part.
- Tata Zest bags 10,000 bookings within 20 days
- Honesty prevails - Villagers from Gambhari in Puri district return over 50 stolen bikes
- Volkswagen India plans on reaching more customers with a new smartphone app
- Maruti Swift Sport planned for India?
- Buzz busted-Maruti Ciaz coming in mid-October
- Motorcycle Riders' Must-Have Devices
- Suzuki Inazuma Semi-faired Version spotted in Indonesia
- Mahindra Racing to concentrate on bike development only