Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MUV in partnership with Nissan
Ashok Leyland, the leading commercial vehicle maker in the Indian market that is gradually expanding its foot prints to the passenger vehicle segment, has unveiled its first ever passenger utility vehicle - Ashok Leyland Stile – in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Stile model has been developed in partnership with leading Japanese auto maker Nissan. The Stile model is basically a rebadged Nissan Evalia or NV200.
The new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be offered in a number of versions including a seven-seater, an eight-seater, shuttle van, courier van and ambulance. The company has said that the Stile model has been modified as per the need and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment and it will be priced in a lower segment as compared to the price segment of Nissan Evalia.
The manufacturing of all new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be commenced by year 2013, which will be a completely independent operation of Ashok Leyland. The model will be offered in three engine version including a common-rail diesel engine, a dual-fuel CNG, a fuel efficient petrol engine. All of these engine units will be sourced from partner Nissan Motors, while the Ashok Leyland will be performing the designing and development part.
- Tata Manza and Aria launched in Ghana
- Porsche launches Boxter and Cayman in GTS guise at 2014 Beijing Motor Show
- Launched: Range Rover Hybrid Long Wheelbase at Beijing Motor Show
- Datsun Go+ expected to be launched in India sometime soon
- Hyundai Eon Magna 1.0 launched at Rs. 3.85 lakhs
- Honda CBR 150R expected to receive a facelift
- Tata Motors is developing new products for domestic market
- Fiat Punto facelift, Avventura Nepal launch by mid-September