Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MUV in partnership with Nissan
Ashok Leyland, the leading commercial vehicle maker in the Indian market that is gradually expanding its foot prints to the passenger vehicle segment, has unveiled its first ever passenger utility vehicle - Ashok Leyland Stile – in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Stile model has been developed in partnership with leading Japanese auto maker Nissan. The Stile model is basically a rebadged Nissan Evalia or NV200.
The new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be offered in a number of versions including a seven-seater, an eight-seater, shuttle van, courier van and ambulance. The company has said that the Stile model has been modified as per the need and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment and it will be priced in a lower segment as compared to the price segment of Nissan Evalia.
The manufacturing of all new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be commenced by year 2013, which will be a completely independent operation of Ashok Leyland. The model will be offered in three engine version including a common-rail diesel engine, a dual-fuel CNG, a fuel efficient petrol engine. All of these engine units will be sourced from partner Nissan Motors, while the Ashok Leyland will be performing the designing and development part.
- Nissan Micra - Reasons for its popularity in Indian hatchback segment
- Ford Fiesta - Stylish sedan under 10 Lakhs segment
- Diesel hatchback comparison - Volkswagen Polo Vs Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Porsche Macan SUV - Everything you want to know
- Porsche Macan launched in India at Rs. 1 Crore
- New Hyundai Verna expected to be launched by the end of this year
- Hyundai Grand i10 LPG - Economical alternative to constantly rising fuel cost
- Mercedes Benz CLA45 AMG launched in India at Rs 68.5 lakh