Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MUV in partnership with Nissan
Ashok Leyland, the leading commercial vehicle maker in the Indian market that is gradually expanding its foot prints to the passenger vehicle segment, has unveiled its first ever passenger utility vehicle - Ashok Leyland Stile – in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Stile model has been developed in partnership with leading Japanese auto maker Nissan. The Stile model is basically a rebadged Nissan Evalia or NV200.
The new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be offered in a number of versions including a seven-seater, an eight-seater, shuttle van, courier van and ambulance. The company has said that the Stile model has been modified as per the need and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment and it will be priced in a lower segment as compared to the price segment of Nissan Evalia.
The manufacturing of all new Ashok Leyland Stile model will be commenced by year 2013, which will be a completely independent operation of Ashok Leyland. The model will be offered in three engine version including a common-rail diesel engine, a dual-fuel CNG, a fuel efficient petrol engine. All of these engine units will be sourced from partner Nissan Motors, while the Ashok Leyland will be performing the designing and development part.
- Skoda working on Rapid facelift
- Audi A3 bags 2014 World Car of the Year award
- Mahindra's compact SUV to come by second half of 2015
- Upcoming 2015 Hyundai Sonata expected to be tough contender in luxury segment
- Special edition comparison - Honda Amaze Vs Volkswagen Vento
- Mahindra Scorpio facelift expected to be hotseller this year
- Ford Mustang ushers in 50th anniversary with a limited edition
- Factors that make Royal Enfield Continental GT a great buy