Ashok Leyland supplies its second major order of 100 Falcon buses to Ghana
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ashok Leyland, one of India’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers and a market leader in the bus segment, has announced the accomplishment of a large consignment of 100 Falcon buses to Ghana at an agreed price of $7.6 million (around 42 crore). The supply made to Ghana is the second largest consignment intended for Ghana after supply of 160 waste management trucks in the last year.
Metro Mass Transit Ltd., the transport company situated in Ghana will be incorporating the 100 Falcon buses into its transport fleet. These Ashok Leyland buses have been customised in accordance with the driving comfort and the seating pattern of buses operative in the nation. The 100 Falcon buses are installed with left-hand drive system with specially styled into 57-seater buses.
The company has confirmed that these 100 Falcon buses will make its way through 360 routes throughout Ghana and will be operative intercity as well as intra city.
The charge of the buses was handed over to Mr. John Dramani Mahama, Ghana’s Vice-President by Mr. Arijit Dutta Chowdhury, RM-SEWA of Ashok Leyland in the country’s capital, Accra in the presence of H.E. Rajinder Bhagat, Indian High Commissioner to Ghana and Mrs. Dzifa Aku Attivor, Deputy Minister for Transport.
Mr. Vinod K Dasari, Managing Director of Ashok Leyland, commented, "Africa has been one of our key focus markets and presents some very unique opportunities for a commercial vehicle manufacturer like us."
As per a statement released, the Hinduja Group owned company has become the first commercial vehicle manufacturer to have introduced a mechanical inline fuel injection with a Euro 3 engine and electronic destination board in Ghana.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles
- Fast & Furious 6 cars to set pulses racing on May on 24, 2013
- Renault-Nissan ramps up capacity of their Indian unit
- Tata Nano diesel to be the smallest diesel hatch on sale
- Honda Brio enters Maruti's category with new variants
- BMW M5 officially showcased; likely to mark presence in 2013
- Sanjay Dutt and his love for high-end cars
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- Launch of new Land Rover Defender postponed till 2015
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Datsun to launch 5 new models in India, first will be a hatchback