Art meet sophistication, Ritu Beri's fashion show hosted by Volvo cars
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The first day of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2012 witnessed Ritu Beri's 'Icons of Luxury' being presented by the Scandinavian car maker, Volvo. The car maker and the ace fashion designer shook hands to form a perfect blend of style and sophistication. The partnership aims at redefining the modern age styling with a collection, which is inspired from Marilyn Monroe, the all time fashion icon. Based on the theme of 'Designed Around You', which is also the car maker's tag-line, the 'Icons of Luxury' highlighted the spirit of today's woman. Counted among the top supermodels in the country, Jesse Randhawa was the show stopper in the event.
Exhibiting the blend of Scandinavian sophistication from Volvo Cars and the ultra modern craft-work of Ritu Beri, the 'Blu Jacket' was the highlight of the fashion designer's collection. The jackets will be presented to the winners from India, who will represent the country at Volvo World Golf Challenge 2012. Inspired by company's theme of ' Designed Around You', the 'Blu Jacket' is made of soft fabric, which feels like the leather of the Volvo car with a Volvo car like design and as comfortable as the seats of the car. Ritu Beri has managed to keep the jacket simple yet elegant without any flashy details.
On the occasion, Ritu Beri said, “I chose the colour Blue from the Volvo logo. And I believe Blue is the coolest colour - the colour of the sky, ocean, sleep, twilight. It is the colour of high ideals, the colour that aptly reflects the royal style of Volvo.”
Managing Director, Volvo Auto India, Tomas Ernberg, said, “In Ritu Beri's elegant ensemble themed "Icons of Luxury", Volvo Cars has found the most vibrant expression of its unique style of luxury that differentiates it from the others. We are thrilled to partner with such a creative power house of fashion that has culminated in this beautiful synergy. Lakme Fashion Week marks our foray into fashion in India, giving us an enviable platform to come closer and engage with our customers.”
Ritu Beri managed to capture the essence of the Volvo Cars on 'Icons of Luxury', which include a blend of art and technology, beautiful designs and cutting-edge technologies. Bearing a strong western impact, the collection comprises of soft palette and comfortable designs, which has been highlighted by splashes of bright colours including red, pink, blue, turquoise and yellow.
The Scandinavian car maker has been felicitated by couple of reputed awards, both in the global arena and in India, for its unique design and style.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
TYVM you've solved all my prolbmesDecember 21, 2012 by Shaza
- Volvo V40 to take on Mercedes-Benz A-Class soon in India
- Volvo begins production of new four-cylinder engines
- Volvo V40 to take on BMW X1, Promises to be 'Value for Money' rather than 'Money for Value'
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Volvo India to launch its V40 crossover in June this year
- Volvo Auto India opens its first store in Bangalore
- Volvo Auto aims at 15 per cent share in Indian luxury car market
- Volvo Auto India sets a sales target of 1,200 units for 2013
- Volvo cars planning to set up an assembly unit in India
- Volvo Auto India pushes the launch of its V40 crossover till June 2013
- Volvo Auto India wishes to sell 20,000 units annually in the next 5 years
- Volvo looking to increase sales volume in India
- Volvo India anticipates 35 per cent growth in 2013
- Volvo manufactures world's fourth most reliable engines
- Volvo starts 2013 on a successful note; posts three-fold increase in sales