American talk show host Jay Leno adds Tata Nano to his collection
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Renowned television talk show host and stand-up comedian Jay Leno is a huge fan of cars and bikes. His garage houses an enviable collection of vintage cars, super cars, custom made cars as well as bikes. True to the spirit of an auto aficionado, the celebrity can be seen gracing the Harley-Davidson rallies held at Pebble Beach,
Recently, Leno added the modest car, Nano, from the stables of the Indian automotive giant Tata Motors to his huge collection. The introduction of the world's cheapest car in his garage was held in true Indian style as Leno bowed to his white Nano featuring tricolour design highlights and folded his hands in a namaskar against the backdrop of an Indian flag.
The car was welcomed into Leno's huge garage by dancers shaking a leg in shiny Indian outfits in a quintessential Bollywood ceremony, thus adding a desi touch to whole affair. Jay Leno himself was wearing a sherwani during the event and, thus, in his own style, created the perfect mix of spoof and homage.
According to a statement, "Leno kept the affair absolutely desi and even had dancers doing the Bollywood jhatkas and matkas as the Nano with tricolour stripes rolled in to his garage. The man bowed down in front of the world's cheapest car with a traditional namaskar."
The true blue auto enthusiast that the comedian is, he owns around 200 cars and 90 motorcycles Leno is also very keen on customising and restoring cars that catch his fancy. He embarks on his own automotive adventures every week, and it was the world's cheapest car that caught his fantasy this week.
Since the actor was spotted donning something entirely different from his regular attire of denim shirts, his social network pages were full of comments taking a shot at him. One such post quoted, "That's the first time Jay's wearing a different outfit, finally put the denim shirt for washing.”
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India
- Tata Motors’ Gold Festive Offer ending on April 30, 2013