All Tata Nanos to Undergo Re-Checking Procedure
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
All Tata Nanos to be delivered to the awaiting customers will again undergo a final check especially for any faulty switches. The company will conduct pre-emptive audit check on both delivered as well as yet-to-be delivered cars as a precautionary measure, said a Tata Motors spokesperson.
Tata Motors has so far delivered 7500 Nano cars in different cities of India. Ashok Vichare was the first proud owner of Nano that was delivered to him by the Tata Motors Chairman, Ratan Tata himself. So far no one from the company has contacted Mr. Vichare for checking his model.
Three cases of Tata Nano catching fires have been reported so far in Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Delhi. Customers from Ahmedabad and Lucknow have already contacted the dealers and brought the cars to the showrooms. The other customer from Delhi is yet to give the car for repairs and has instead lodged a complaint with the police citing manufacturing defect as the reason for the mishap.
According to the company spokesperson, they were not actual cases of Nano catching fires but only smoke due to short circuit around the switch area and the melting of the plastic. Moreover, the company is not ‘recalling’ the cars as the problem is not generic and pre-emptive checks may be carried out for the cars that have been delivered.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Sir, I am also one of the allotte of the Tata Nano . We must get a execellant car in all respects . It must not fire . and should be Roll model to all countriies and The Image of Brand name TATA must not be vanishedNovember 16, 2009 by TT SAMBANDAM
where can i buy a nanoOctober 31, 2009 by Kit
When there is a smoke there has to be fire existing below it. This must be understood very clearly by the vendors supplying the Electrical Components for Nano & TML Quality guys should take no chance on even a tiny deviations other than the standards laid down on Electrical Safety, because Nano has been a car hyped to the highest level in the world & the whole automotive sectors across the world is watching the performance of the NANO.I am confident that TML will take care of the issue & sort out the problem at the earliest before it increases further to the higher value.I wish all the very best to the NANOOctober 30, 2009 by Shriram Jahagirdar
Enough Said :) October 13 2009 http://www.usautoinjurylaw.com/cases/fires/ford-fire.htm?gclid=CNmX8_2w4J0CFRBM5QodCmS-PA Ford Fire Recall: Cruise Control Fires - Free Case Review October 2009 Update: Largest Single Recall in Ford History On October 13, 2009, Ford Motor Co. announced an expansion to its largest-ever automotive recall by adding about 4.5 million vehicles to the recall over a faulty switch linked to hundreds of vehicle fires. The action, which comes in the face of an 18-month federal investigation, means the company has now called back more than 14 million vehicles in eight separate recalls over a 10-year period because of the problem. The cruise-control deactivation switches, made by Texas Instruments and sold for about $21, were installed in 16 million Ford vehicles over a decade before the automaker stopped using them in early 2003. The switches have been linked to at least 550 vehicle fires and 1,500 complaints.October 30, 2009 by Planet Automatic
Congratulations to the Nano Team for arranging to check all cars sold and cars waiting to be delivered, thus showing the World that Tata's mean business and care for the lifeof its Customers and their families....I want them to find out about the 3 cars & their owners who criticised Tatas ...and publish the findings so that nobody dares make adverse comments attempting to spoil Tata Name...October 29, 2009 by Sadanand
- Tata Nano diesel to be the smallest diesel hatch on sale
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India